Where are the other Alpha's??

Started by DDog, June 15, 2015, 04:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDog

ok..  this time I thought I would be smart and wait for Alpha 11a, Alpha 11b, Alpha 11c,d, and e!!!  Wow.. you guys fooled me!  Not this time....  programing and balance must be great!  Props!

Adamiks

Quote from: DDog on June 15, 2015, 04:38:59 PM
ok..  this time I thought I would be smart and wait for Alpha 11a, Alpha 11b, Alpha 11c,d, and e!!!  Wow.. you guys fooled me!  Not this time....  programing and balance must be great!  Props!

Well... Just look at the Bugs forum. Alpha 11 isn't so bugs-free. Tynan just need to recharge.

userfredle

Yes the game is very buggy ive noticed, tynan is currently at his headquarters on the sub human platypus planet, he shall be back as soon as the Warp reactors stabilize.

Tynan

I don't have the impression that any bugs are seriously hindering player enjoyment. Probably half or more of the bugs there would have been in previous alphas (e.g. the triple rocket bug would've been around for 8+ months). They just weren't found until now.

I've just be de-burning-out a bit and working on some website and marketing stuff, letting the bugs all get found before I hotfix them all together. I'm hoping to just release one hotfix to this build.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Adamiks

Quote from: Tynan on June 16, 2015, 03:08:25 AM
I don't have the impression that any bugs are seriously hindering player enjoyment. Probably half or more of the bugs there would have been in previous alphas (e.g. the triple rocket bug would've been around for 8+ months). They just weren't found until now.

I've just be de-burning-out a bit and working on some website and marketing stuff, letting the bugs all get found before I hotfix them all together. I'm hoping to just release one hotfix to this build.

Good to hear this, but i must disagree with you in one thing - i don't play Alpha 11, because colonists can wander from restricted zones which result in this that zones are a bit useless for now and only sappers and new events are the most important changes.

akiceabear

Quote from: Adamiks on June 16, 2015, 06:52:11 AM
Good to hear this, but i must disagree with you in one thing - i don't play Alpha 11, because colonists can wander from restricted zones which result in this that zones are a bit useless for now and only sappers and new events are the most important changes.

Isn't this problem avoided if you keep their zones continuous? I.e. not split?

Adamiks

Quote from: akiceabear on June 16, 2015, 07:02:14 AM
Quote from: Adamiks on June 16, 2015, 06:52:11 AM

Isn't this problem avoided if you keep their zones continuous? I.e. not split?

Nope. I tested this in game. One zone and colonists can wander for long distances. If this isn't a bug i will just continue playing A10 with my modpack, because with mods i have +3 new factions, in A11 without my modpack - only new raid type + events + little broken zones + some minor changes like traps and removing floors, but i can do this in A10 with mods.