My Prisoners

Started by ThreeMartiniLaunch, June 17, 2015, 02:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeMartiniLaunch

I treat my prisoners better than my pawns.

Euzio

Haha. Its like treat them well to get them to willingly join... and then subject them to hell....

Speaking of which though, do prisoners actually use the joy items? I did stick a chess table in my prisoner room once before but I never recalled seeing the prisoners use it.

TLHeart

no prisoners have no joy requirement, and do not use joy items.... once a prisoner is above 34% mood, you have a chance to recruit them. Higher mood does not increase the random chance to recruit. The skill of your warden, and the difficulty of recruitment are the two factors for recruiting, once the 34% mood is reached.

ThreeMartiniLaunch

I'm sure I've seen prisoners playing chess....are you sure?

TLHeart

yes I am sure, as joy was removed from prisoners back in alpha 10d

From that change log,

Fixed and rebalanced prisoner recruiting: Prisoners no longer get cabin fever and no longer have a joy need (until we get support for proper prison complexes). They can be recruited at any mood over 35% (though the chance may be very low).

Euzio

Ah. That saves the need to build joy items for them then. Though I do recall seeing prisoners have social chats with one another.

TLHeart

yes they have social chats with each other, just like they have with the wardens.  Social chats are not a joy activity, they are a mood modifier.

If building a luxury prisoner is enjoyable for the OP, and makes his game fun, nothing wrong with that. From a max/min game play, it is unnecessary.