Question about Alpha 11 and Sappers

Started by Beathrus, June 15, 2015, 11:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beathrus

So, quick question. The notes said that the enemies now remember my defense placement, right? Does that mean... any enemy who visits me, immediately know my defensive placements? Guns, traps, etc; those sort of things? The entire faction learns my defensive placements no matter what? Even if no one is left alive from that faction?

Axelios

Good question. I'd love to be able to stop this knowledge being obtained by killing them all - no survivors, no witnesses.
Here's hoping.
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

Tynan

Quote from: Beathrus on June 15, 2015, 11:35:12 PM
So, quick question. The notes said that the enemies now remember my defense placement, right? Does that mean... any enemy who visits me, immediately know my defensive placements? Guns, traps, etc; those sort of things? The entire faction learns my defensive placements no matter what? Even if no one is left alive from that faction?

Yes. There is no individual-level knowledge model for a lot of reasons.

They won't remember forever; their concern about known traps falls off over time.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

skullywag

Also on this they should really only know about defences out in the open not the ones inside in a room, unless theyve been in the room.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Axelios

That would be nice wouldn't it? Perhaps tag items as "known by faction" as they come into view of faction members.
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

Elixiar

Or, you could just have all weak points in a colony covered so that there are no angles they can backdoor you from like a proper fort.

Solved.
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

Beathrus

Quote from: Elixiar on June 16, 2015, 06:21:39 AM
Or, you could just have all weak points in a colony covered so that there are no angles they can backdoor you from like a proper fort.

Solved.

Don't Sappers like, go around your defenses no matter what? Like, just burrow through everything?

TLHeart

sappers will attempt to avoid your defenses.... a single kill box at the entrance they will go around. That is the whole point of sappers, to force the player to either build a true fortified base, on all sides, or come out and pick off the sapper support team before they breach, or be ready for close quarter combat when they do breach. 

Beathrus

Oh, No worries for me then. I thought they'd just burrow through everything and know where the defenses were from previous attacks.

TLHeart

Beathrus, they will AVOID any defense you have set up. They will dig through a mountain to get to you, if you let them...

Beathrus

Quote from: TLHeart on June 16, 2015, 11:58:11 AM
Beathrus, they will AVOID any defense you have set up. They will dig through a mountain to get to you, if you let them...

Well then... Best make false paths then and make sure to have fiery things in the ready.