11.834 Released prisoners wont leave

Started by jega, June 16, 2015, 08:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jega

The entry into my actual base where the bedrooms and prisoner cells are rather far away from the entrance of my kill box, and every time I release a prisoner they wonder around and never find their way out! They get released right at the door to the entrance of the mountain, not the exit of the kill box. It only gets annoying when they start eating my food! It really becomes something that needs to be dealt with when they inevitably break, and start attacking my colonists! It's not game breaking since I can turn on my turrets and designate the released prisoner as a target, but this keeps happening every time I release a prisoner.

[attachment deleted due to age]

jega

Here's a save.

[attachment deleted due to age]

TLHeart

The warden releases prisoners outside the last doorway... So the prisoner has to path his way outside the base on his own. The prisoner can not find a path to his exit point on the map, so a wander around the base he goes...

I understand your frustration, and the pathing in this case is not working.

One quick way to solve your problem, as a work around, is put a door in the wall at the kill box. That way your warden will carry the prisoner outside your total base. You can even hold that doorway open, so that it does not slow your colonist down, and the raiders will not destroy the door, but walk right in, and your warden will carry the prisoner outside your total base. 

Tynan

Looks like the warden needs to keep going until he is actually on somewhere the prisoner can escape from instead of assuming outdoors is good enough.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

Fixed! Real derp on my part in this one. Thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog