Civ 5: Complete Edition for $12.50?

Started by Matthiasagreen, June 16, 2015, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthiasagreen

So I made the mistake of going onto Steam's sale and saw that this game is on sale for 75% off. I haven't played any Civilization game in over a decade and I fairly enjoyed it then. I wanted to hear other people's opinions on this particular version (and its expansions) before I buy it. What are your thoughts?
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Blizz

A little late to the party, but I'll still reply as I know it will be on the encore sale at the very end.

Civilization V is a super tight game and I've easily sunk over several hundred hours into it, forgotten to eat, and missed a date or two (They weren't really my type). It's a fun game, but it really does take a lot out of you when you finally play through a whole game.

Plus you better have friends that wanna marathon it if you multiplayer, I have so many unfinished games just sitting here because of the times someone had to get up and leave and we left the save alone until we'd all meet up again (We never did).

The expansions add a lot to the game, more so the Brave New World expansion that actually adds more of an end game. It's totally worth it if you're into any other Civilization though (Although it's combat and unit placement is a little different than in previous games, no doom-stacking anymore).