[W|0.11.834] Rescued allies who leave and then develop infections cause warnings

Started by Axelios, June 17, 2015, 07:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axelios

As in the title, if you rescue someone, patch them up a bit, they sometimes get up and leave before they're fully healed.
Then, while roaming around, outside of your care, they might happen to develop an infection.
I noted during play that this generated one of those warning letters to appear. Repeatedly, for each new infected body part.

Expected behaviour:
If a rescued guest gets up and leaves, that's their problem and I don't expect to see infection reports.

To reproduce:
Wound an ally.
Rescue that ally.
Allow that ally to walk out.
Force an infection on that ally. You should get warnings as a result.
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

RickyMartini

The problem is that for A11, rescued guests always walk back to your colony if they don't make it out of the map. If that happens, you should get a notification to understand why the guest may come back and lay down in one of your hospital beds. Same reason why you get notified when a prisoner gets malaria etc. It's because you should be aware of every pawn who can seek treatment in your colony.

I guess that it would be a problem if any friendly pawn could spawn that message. I'm not sure, but if for example a wounded friendly gets an infection you don't get any notification. But if you rescue him first and then he gets an infection, you will get notified. If it's working how I described it, it's working as intended. If not, there's need for clarification here.

Axelios

Makes some sense. I will watch closely.

I suspect that friendly pawns aren't coming back to the hospital bed as soon as they should be.
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

RickyMartini

If however the quest gets an infection and leaves the map, there's a more apparent issue. :)

Either the message is unnecessary, or the pawn is bugged and should come back with his infection.

Tynan

I've changed it so a released or exiting pawn will no longer produce this message. Thanks for reporting.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog