Leaders and killing them

Started by tylers2001, June 17, 2015, 08:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylers2001

What does killing the leader of an enemy colony do or capturing them does that do anything or is it pointless to show there names as Leader?
There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

akiceabear

I think its be cool if killing a leader immediately added a -50 (for example) mood debuff to the raiding group, increasing the chance of them scattering in the wind. Also, if a live leader provided some sort of shooting/melee skill bonus to raiders with a set radius.

Also, it would be cool if the sane leader mechanic was adopted within our colonies also!

Euzio

I believe there should be 2 options for it.

1) The death of the leader breaks their morale and they start fleeing; or

2) The death drives them into a bloodlust and they start attacking in a rampage, no retreat.

The first option should be the one that occurs more often with the second being on rare occasions.

SSS

I don't like the idea of a leader death causing raiders to auto-flee, but making them take a large mood debuff like akice mentioned would be cool.

Leaders don't actually show up in raids afaik. Sometimes you'll see a pawn with a title like "chief", "mayor", or w/e, but their names never match up to the ones on the comms console and faction menu.

tylers2001

I noticed that and wouldn't it be awesome if you could send an assassin after another colony and it has a small chance of killing the leader which either makes them scared of your colony or makes them siege you.
There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.