[Suggestion] More endings.

Started by nobrainer, June 18, 2015, 03:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nobrainer

Hi there!

First post here.
RimWorld is a great game and I think it should have more possible endings to it.
Right now the game is great but you're always following the same "big picture":

• land;
  • survive;
  • consolidate your position;
  • tech up and build the spaceship;
  • get out of the planet.

Of course the storytellers ensure that the way the story goes is always different, but the story itself is always the same. More possible endings would had another layer of variation to the game.

Some possible endings are:

• Science Victory - the current ending where you build the spaceship and leave the planet;
  • Culture Victory - each art object you deploy in your home area adds a certain amount of points to your "cultural meter". When you reach enough points the various tribes become amazed by your culture a decide it's worthy to be friendly and let you peacefully live in this planet;
  • Diplomacy Victory - get an alliance with very faction in the planet;
  • Domination Victory - destroy every non-allied faction in the planet. This would require the ability to send people to raid/destroy faction's settlements the same way they do to you;
  • Safe Heaven Victory - build a technologically advanced civilization capable of building a powerfull "Hyper-Shield Generator" that permanently protects your settlement from any sort of attack or evil ship and also build a "Deep-Space Beacon" to guide other spaceships to land their cryo-sleeping humans in your settlement. Your settlement will forever be a safe port in the universe.

This are just some of my ideas for more types of endings.

WickedGoddess

Caminha

• Technological Singularity
Your colony becomes a single A.I. (colonists are uploaded) and it gradually takes over the planet (integrating prisioners) till there's only a (rather unusual) transcendent world.

Kegereneku

I invite you to participate in a topic I made to regroup those sort of idea.
In any case "+1"
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

nobrainer

Quote from: Kegereneku on June 19, 2015, 04:54:53 AM
I invite you to participate in a topic I made to regroup those sort of idea.
In any case "+1"

I knew I had seen a thread already about endings but I couldn't find it to add to that instead of creating a new one.
I believe it makes sense for a moderator to merge this thread into that one since they're talking about the same stuff.