Medical self care

Started by pajok, June 19, 2015, 04:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pajok

Hi!
In my story:
I had 3 clonists(2 doctor).
I had a fight.
At the end of the fight - 1 doctor lost his leg and the another, get a cut his leg. The third man was healty.
The cutted doctor saved the legless doctor. The third man is incapable in medical treatment.
So nobody could help to the cutted doctor.
My best chance is: Cut my healty colonist leg and operate to the legless one, and than the next day he can care the cutted doctor.
I think we need a minimal medical skill for everyone or self treating.
What do you think? What is your story? Any idea?

Axelios

I am ok with some colonists being incapable of medical work because they might be phobic Or something.

I like the idea of self treating. For simple wounds like cuts, any doctor should be able to bandage themselves. I would expect a small penalty to the chance of good or poor treatment, but I want it to be possible.

I say simple things like cuts would be ok for self treating, but not operations.
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

pajok

Yes.
Simple self care is logical.

James009

Yeah, for wounds that do not mentally incapacitate you I think there should be an option to have a doctor treat themselves (have a penalty to it though, if its serious).
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!