Sprinkler systems, a way to fight fires.

Started by Toggle, June 21, 2015, 05:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you want a sprinkler system added?

Yes, I want something similar added in.
10 (83.3%)
No, I don't want anything like this added in.
0 (0%)
I'd prefer a different way of fighting fires.
2 (16.7%)
I think the current method is fine.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Toggle

Hey there Rimworld Forumers, here's an idea for you. This idea is originally here: http://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/3amvx2/how_to_deal_with_fires/cse4yeg, in a forum about methods of fighting fire, and I just added ideas to it. Basically, we don't have a really good way of dealing with fires. Sometimes indoors, the heat gets too intense and colonists can't even put out the fire due to heatstroke. Why not sprinklers, as /u/Sitk042 (Reddit User) suggested. You have hose pieces like the wiring system, that would pump water out into a sprinkler or a system of them. Possible item would have to be a pump, that you would place on the edge of water and place the hose next to in order to pump water to the sprinklers. So the sprinklers would kind of be like the trading beacon I'd imagine, they would have a distance like it where they sprinkle water, be the same size, so same metal. You could have automated sprinklers or normal sprinkers, normal ones would only work when turned on, the automatic would require power and detect fire to automatically sprinkle water. The only problem I see so far is having hoses on the same space as electric wiring.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Toggle

Felt like saying it seems the http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11934.0 ultimate overhaul pack has enhanced firefighting.

sitko

thanks for reposting that for me.  Saw the topic and was like "Hey, I thought of that yesterday..." but then saw that it was I would came up with it.

:)

Toggle

Quote from: sitko on June 22, 2015, 03:24:47 PM
thanks for reposting that for me.  Saw the topic and was like "Hey, I thought of that yesterday..." but then saw that it was I would came up with it.

:)

Aye. Yeah, I like posting suggestions as you never know what might get added in, or just spark more ideas and such. A simple thread about ways to fight fires could bring in news ideas, even get Tynan thinking about it, and can eventually lead to stuff added in-game.

Quasarrgames

what would you guys say to some flame-resistant firefighter suits that slow movement in exchange for increasing a person's max temperature for firefighting?
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

Toggle

Quote from: Quasarrgames on June 26, 2015, 08:21:59 AM
what would you guys say to some flame-resistant firefighter suits that slow movement in exchange for increasing a person's max temperature for firefighting?

Only problem I see is putting it on when you don't always have a room full of fire, and by the time you need to put it on for one it takes too much time. A temperature control suit though, maybe. It's like power armour, but instead it controls your temperature. That way in the cold or heat, it greatly restrains it to a mild temp. Would be useful to wear all the time.