[A14] More Factions Spawn (4/11/2016) v1.02

Started by Anonemous2, June 21, 2015, 11:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonemous2

Description:
This mod simply makes about four times as many factions spawn when you make a new world. This should make it more interesting dealing with many groups. You must start a new world to spawn extra factions.

More Faction spawns Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m93rmp4j93mcgcj/More%20Factions%20V1.02.zip?dl=0

Note:
modpack makers can include my mod in their modpack. (as long as I'm cited)

LustrousWolf

Does this mod work with say Norbals and Pirates Factions mod made by Shinzy?

Beathrus

Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 22, 2015, 12:52:36 PM

You beat me to asking!  :)

LustrousWolf

Quote from: Beathrus on June 22, 2015, 01:12:22 PM

Hahaha, I'm testing it now, so far the only problem is that only 1 norbal and 1 pirate faction will spawn, also it would be useful if you could sort the factions? Like with how friendly they are towards you? Rather than it being Outlander town, tribe, pirate band, modded factions, just would be better now there is tons of factions playing, also by briefly looking at the map, I only saw like 5 little dots indicating factions and not all the factions you see on the faction tab, might be wrong have not fully checked, just wanted to see if it was compatible at first :P

nmid

This is going to be a fun mod to have.. esp with the hospitality mod :D

Might have loads of visitors though..
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

LustrousWolf

Quote from: nmid on June 22, 2015, 02:07:39 PM
This is going to be a fun mod to have.. esp with the hospitality mod :D

Might have loads of visitors though..

More visitors? More fights! OuO

Anonemous2

Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 22, 2015, 01:31:41 PM

You need to make a new world to have more factions spawns. The mod won't have any effect on mods that add more factions too. However I can realse a Version that incress the amount of factions that spawn for Norbals and Pirates Factions.
Hahaha, I'm testing it now, so far the only problem is that only 1 norbal and 1 pirate faction will spawn, also it would be useful if you could sort the factions? Like with how friendly they are towards you? Rather than it being Outlander town, tribe, pirate band, modded factions, just would be better now there is tons of factions playing, also by briefly looking at the map, I only saw like 5 little dots indicating factions and not all the factions you see on the faction tab, might be wrong have not fully checked, just wanted to see if it was compatible at first :P

You need to make a new world to have more factions spawns. The mod won't have any effect on mods that add more factions too. However I can release a Version that makes more factions spawn from Norbals and Pirates Factions. And as for changing the order of the factions that pop up, I'm not sure if it's possible to change the order from type to relationship, but I will look into that.

LustrousWolf

Quote from: Anonemous2 on June 22, 2015, 03:16:34 PM
Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 22, 2015, 01:31:41 PM

You need to make a new world to have more factions spawns. The mod won't have any effect on mods that add more factions too. However I can realse a Version that incress the amount of factions that spawn for Norbals and Pirates Factions.

You need to make a new world to have more factions spawns. The mod won't have any effect on mods that add more factions too. However I can release a Version that makes more factions spawn from Norbals and Pirates Factions. And as for changing the order of the factions that pop up, I'm not sure if it's possible to change the order from type to relationship, but I will look into that.

Yeah a patch for Norbals and Pirates would be lovely! And changing the factions to order of relationships, I am sure you can do that some how, its a mod, mods change stuff to make it better right? OnO

Anonemous2

Now you can download a patch for Norbals and Pirates! to get more of there factions to spawn.

LustrousWolf

Quote from: Anonemous2 on June 22, 2015, 03:46:14 PM
Now you can download a patch for Norbals and Pirates! to get more of there factions to spawn.

Damn that was quick, cant wait to test it out, thanks man!! :o

EDIT: what order should it go in?

Norbal
Pirate
Norbal Patch
Pirate Patch

^ Like this?

Anonemous2

Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 22, 2015, 04:03:13 PM
Quote from: Anonemous2 on June 22, 2015, 03:46:14 PM

Damn that was quick, cant wait to test it out, thanks man!! :o

EDIT: what order should it go in?

Norbal
Pirate
Norbal Patch
Pirate Patch

^ Like this?

yes

LustrousWolf

Is there a way to maybe increase visits? It is always funny when 2 factions are friendly towards you but hate each other and a brawl breaks out in your front yard ;)

Anonemous2

Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 23, 2015, 01:00:00 PM
Is there a way to maybe increase visits? It is always funny when 2 factions are friendly towards you but hate each other and a brawl breaks out in your front yard ;)

Yeah, you can make them visit you more often.

Peppsen

Quote from: Anonemous2 on June 24, 2015, 12:33:32 PM
Quote from: LustrousWolf on June 23, 2015, 01:00:00 PM

Yea, you can make them visit you more often.

It's actually a quick fix, go to RimWorld folder Mods --> Core --> Defs --> IncidentDefs, then right click Incident_Good_Misc and choose edit
Now you can change the chance of a VisitorGroup and TravelerGroup if you want, I've changed it from 8 to 12.

Congratulations, you've just modded RimWorld :) I love how easy it is to "mod" some things in this game.

Beathrus

Hey, Ish did a Mideval faction. Can we get a 'More Noble Faction' add on?

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14006.30