11.834 Keyboard Configuation doesn't save.

Started by sitko, June 22, 2015, 12:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sitko

-What the circumstances were.
When I go into the Keyboard configuration menu, and change the dolly movements using 'i','j','k','l'.  And click the save button.  I do this as I mouse with my left hand, and it's easier to use ijkl than to use wasd. I'd expect these to be set next time I open the game.

-What happened.
They are not saved, it works while that instance of the game is active, but when I close the game, and re-open it later, I need to set them up again.

-What you expected to happen.
Usually, when I hit "Save" I'd expect these settings to be "saved" not just during the current run of the game but for every instance of the game after I've saved those settings.

-How we can reproduce the bug.
Open the game, go into the keyboard mapping screen.  Change the dolly movements to different keys.  Play the game for a bit, see if the keys work.  Save and exit the game.  restart the game, load a game, and see if the key mappings are still mapped.

Tynan

Ahh interesting.

They actually are saved if you use the keypad keys, for example. I think the problem with IJKL is that these keys are bound elsewhere, which must cause some overwriting on load.

Let me look further into it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

Yep with better logging I found it's doing this on load:

Tynan