Better Game Ending

Started by NemesisN, June 23, 2015, 08:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NemesisN

I have a suggestion for a better game ending in my opinion. The current ending is just not satisfying, you build a ugly looking ship and escape. And you can build it basically without any much effort or progress you can easily get material and research it in no time and end the game.

My suggestion is that you make it so we can attack other factions just the way they attack us. We just build a ship to be able to go to another randomly generated map with another randomly generated faction base. Just randomly generate base defense for that faction. And if we manage to destroy them we can go back and that faction will not attack us for quite a while until they rebuild. If we can't destroy them we can press a retreat button command and escape. The same way enemy faction does to us that we can do to them.

For Ending suggestion you need to beat Mechanoid Base which will be the hardest one with heavily defended base which you will need good number of people and good weapons and armor to stand a chance. If we beat them then we win the game.

This way we will need to progress in the game far and make a big colony and increase our recourses and weapons in order to beat the game. A lot better then just building a ship and escaping which you can do with no trouble at all in just a short time.

I think this will bring much fun and enjoyment to the game and it will be much satisfying ending for hard work then the current one you have.

Tnx for reading this. And I hope I see this in the game in new Alphas.

Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

hector212121

Raids have already been suggested many times.

Maybe a big old Mind Control Antenna that takes 10000 work to complete, and when you start construction every faction sends enemies to attack you? :3

Asero

Quote from: hector212121 on June 25, 2015, 08:13:50 AM
Raids have already been suggested many times.

Indeed.

I might be in the wrong here of course, but I think Tynan indicated in the past that this was not what he envisioned for Rimworld. He wanted the game to focus on the colonies survival and not on the world, or the other factions themselves. So chances are raids might only happen if someone writes a mod to support it...

hector212121

Which is why I suggested a huge wave-attack thing at the end while you complete some sort of victory building--mind control was a example.