[B18] Jecrell's Tobacco & Dry Leaves (2017-11-18)

Started by Kubouch, November 13, 2017, 04:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kubouch

Dry Leaves

Reimplements Jecrell's tobacco mod and adds a drying rack building for drying tobacco and smokeleaf leaves before they can be rolled and smoked.

NOTE! Universal Fermenter is required to run this mod.

Features

• New tobacco plant and possibility to craft cigarettes, cigars and chocolate cigars (made by Jecrell)
  • Smokeleaf and tobacco leaves need to be dried before they can be rolled
  • New drying rack building for drying the leaves

Instructions
1. Download and install Universal Fermenter (provides C# stuff for this mod)
2. Download and install Dry Leaves (load order does not matter)
3. You can choose which leaves to dry (tobacco or smokeleaf) using an in-game button when you select the drying rack building
4. Leaves get dried faster in hot weather, under the sun and in a wind. Rain and snow slows and stops the drying process.

Downloads and links

Beta 18 (0.18.1722):
    Dry Leaves (b18.1.0)
    Universal Fermenter (b18.1.0)

All versions:
    Dry Leaves
    Universal Fermenter

Repository links:
    Master branch

Issues and bugs

If you find a bug or something that bothers you, you can create a new issue in my repository (possible to log in via GitHub or Google). Or you can just post it here.

Version

b18: The current RimWorld beta
    first number: The main version number. I increment this when I introduce a new feature or a significant change.
    second number: Incremented whenever I fix something or add a small improvement of an existing feature.

Authors
Jecrell - He made the whole tobacco content! Support him on Patreon.
Me - the rest

Permissions
This mod is licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0. You can use, modify and share it as long as you provide a credit and redistribute under the same license.

Changelog

## [b18.1.0] - 2017-11-18
* Official beta 18 (0.18.1722) release (no changes from previous version)

## [a18.0.1] - 2017-11-13
* First release: Alpha 18 (0.8.1719, unstable)
* Contains full Jecrell's tobacco mod.
* Smokeleaf and tobacco leaves need to be dried before rolling them.
* Requires Universal Fermenter

Kubouch

New version (b18.1.0)!

• This update adds nothing, just an official Beta (woo) release!

NOTE! Universal Fermenter is required to run this mod.

Download:
    Dry Leaves (b18.1.0)
    Universal Fermenter (b18.1.0)

This is how my update messages look like.

Enjoy!

Harry_Dicks

I would like to try this mod out but am curious how this interacts with Smokeleaf Industry.

Canute

It shouldn't matter, since this is all about Tobacco and the plants, while the industry is all about Smokeleaf.

Harry_Dicks

QuoteSmokeleaf and tobacco leaves need to be dried before they can be rolled

That wouldn't interfere with Smokeleaf Industry's cultivation of Smokeleaf at all?

Kubouch

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on December 30, 2017, 09:27:00 PM
I would like to try this mod out but am curious how this interacts with Smokeleaf Industry.

Hey, thanks for checking out this mod!

It seems there is one minor conflict. Smokeleaf Industry uses smokeleaf buds to produce joints. Dry Leaves uses dried smokeleaf leaves to produce joint. Depending on the mod load order, the recipe from the later one will take precedence. I.e. if you load Smokeleaf Industry after Dry Leaves, joints will be produced out of smokeleaf buds. You'll still be able to produce dried smokeleaf leaves but they will be useless. There shouldn't be any other conflicts than that. I haven't tested it myself, though, just deduced from looking at the files so I hope I'm right.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kubouch on January 03, 2018, 02:11:20 PM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on December 30, 2017, 09:27:00 PM

Hey, thanks for checking out this mod!

It seems there is one minor conflict. Smokeleaf Industry uses smokeleaf buds to produce joints. Dry Leaves uses dried smokeleaf leaves to produce joint. Depending on the mod load order, the recipe from the later one will take precedence. I.e. if you load Smokeleaf Industry after Dry Leaves, joints will be produced out of smokeleaf buds. You'll still be able to produce dried smokeleaf leaves but they will be useless. There shouldn't be any other conflicts than that. I haven't tested it myself, though, just deduced from looking at the files so I hope I'm right.

That's great news!

Quote3. You can choose which leaves to dry (tobacco or smokeleaf) using an in-game button when you select the drying rack building

I don't know how I missed this the first time. So as long as its Universal Fermenter->Tobacco & Dry Leaves->Smokeleaf Industry, then I can still use Smokeleaf Industry the way it comes, and I can use this mod just for tobacco and drying it's leaves? SOLD! Not sure why but I just love little mods like this that keep adding nice little proper looking (meaning fits with vanilla art style) pieces to the production chain.

I'm honestly just blown away with how fucking awesome this game is and can be. I really, really wanted to like Dwarf Fortress, and I still think I can in time, but this game is kinda like a "DF Lite" in a way and with everyone here's incredible work, it is going to keep me entertained for a long time to come. So thanks for all of your hard work! ;)

FociA

When i build a room with a heater and a trasparent roof or a sunlamp its not running in idle.
none idle. sunshine 75%.
my room is Brightly lit at 90% (transparent roof) and 100%(sunlamp). not enough ? bug ?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: FociA on January 07, 2018, 07:43:17 AM
When i build a room with a heater and a trasparent roof or a sunlamp its not running in idle.
none idle. sunshine 75%.
my room is Brightly lit at 90% (transparent roof) and 100%(sunlamp). not enough ? bug ?

4. Leaves get dried faster in hot weather, under the sun and in a wind. Rain and snow slows and stops the drying process.

Based on the OP, I'm guessing that maybe they drying racks have to actually be outside, or require wind, or not be under a roof, something like that. Maybe try some different options like those. I haven't gotten around to actually trying this one out yet.

Canute

I think in this case, the outdoor sun is needed not the lightfactor.
From the gitlab Universal fermenter example
QuotesunRespect reacts only to a actual sunshine level, not a light level.
Thus, lamps and torches won't do anything (not even sun lamps).

So when you build it indoors you never get Sun and only got the minimal 0.75 value, and never a bonus or malus for snow/rain/wind.
But you can adjust the temp. to have a constant ideal factor.

FociA

this mod is useless for me. a tabacco barn is usual concept if its not posible then -> delete.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: FociA on January 07, 2018, 12:54:48 PM
this mod is useless for me. a tabacco barn is usual concept if its not posible then -> delete.

this comment is useless for this thread. a thoughtless post made with malice -> delete.

Kubouch

The sunRespect is indeed registering only the outdoor sun. Whenever you build a roof above, you block the sun. Sun lamps don't work. These are the same rules as apply to the wind turbine. It might be better to change it to light level later to avoid confusion.

I don't know anything about transparent roof. There is such thing in the game?

Thank you for support and interest in this mod! I am not playing nor modding RimWorld recently so I am not here most of the time. But from time to time I peep in to see what's going on.

Harry_Dicks

There is dubwise's Skylights, and also Advanced Roofing.