[A17] Skullywags Weapon Packs - Laser and Gauss updated!

Started by skullywag, June 24, 2015, 03:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

I just test out these weapons with my last A17 colony.
And i am curious who did inject these LAPD blaster/particle magnum.
All the other Laser/gauss weapons are well balanced and very rare to craft because of the limited buyonly resources.
But the blaster/magnum don't need these resources and special the high stun ability of the blaster made them very imbalanced for these weapon pack.
Maybe add 2 recipe to dismantle Gauss/laser weapons to extract the rare resource, or increase the building cost to 2 rare resource so you get 1 resource from smelting back.

skullywag

Not sure im following you saying the pistols are OP? there is no "particle magnum" in any of my packs.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

SpaceDorf

I think a "helpful" updater left them there  by accident.

The originals are from the "iconic movie weapons" and are indeed OP Like hell.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

Yep, under gauss weapons are
Weapons_Iconic.xml
In these are the LAPD blaster and particle magnum.

Tal Raziid

I dunno if anyone's pointed this out yet (haven't read every page of comments), but the weapons graphics are taken from the game Xenonauts, C.E. edition, i believe. Perhaps base the stats from there?

Positronium

The laser guided mortar apparently takes 3000 seconds before it could fire? Wot? I modified it a bit to be more meaningful (45 seconds) is the extremely long delay an actual feature?

skullywag

Nope ticks got changed to seconds. Probably a missed value change in the last pull requests i recieved.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

zenfiero

If anyone knows how to change the fusion grenades to function, I would appreciate the help! I don't know enough about modding to tweak it, I've had a look and can't figure it out. I rather like this mod, and I want the invading sappers to be a danger!

Positronium

Quote from: zenfiero on September 23, 2017, 03:50:22 PM
If anyone knows how to change the fusion grenades to function, I would appreciate the help! I don't know enough about modding to tweak it, I've had a look and can't figure it out. I rather like this mod, and I want the invading sappers to be a danger!

What is the fusion grenades? I don't think i saw 'em :P

fatm3l

What about ce patc. This is a very good mod. Awesome but i'm currently using combat extended. I dont want to uninstall it cause i liked it. There are no laser weapons on 20th cwm.

Topper

Silas_

I don't suppose these will function as-is?  These are some of the best-made weapons around.