[A17] Skullywags Weapon Packs - Laser and Gauss updated!

Started by skullywag, June 24, 2015, 03:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldsmyths

Skullywag,

I can convince you to add <forcedMissRadius>2</forcedMissRadius> to your plasma turret?
Since without it, your plasma turret's stray bullets won't attack anything. And if the target is dead, any additional rounds won't hit anything.
Basically the trick used by vanilla minigun & charge blaster to spray multiple colonist at once.

skullywag

If i get consensus from other people using it then yeah sure. So users, what do you think of the above?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

All updated to 11b, fixes al the duplicate key binding messages.

N4rF

I am in agreement with the plasma changes. Seems like a good idea for anything that can miss.

skullywag

but it will be less accurate, as in like the minigun it wont be able to hit a single target but it will hurt multiple a group. Still ok?

kexici

to skullywag :)
if you want i make some easy mod to craft cells canystr atd.. :)
you can add it to your packs ;) ( build (on) to work with SC core)
Free to use ;) free no autor  :D

thanks for you super mods :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

skullywag

Feel free to do as you wish, I originally had craftable cells for the turrets but found no recipe that made sense but didnt want to add a load of new resources to allow it, if it fits more with SCs way then feel free to fork my repo and add make a release for SC :)

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: skullywag on July 11, 2015, 04:18:30 PM
Feel free to do as you wish, I originally had craftable cells for the turrets but found no recipe that made sense but didnt want to add a load of new resources to allow it, if it fits more with SCs way then feel free to fork my repo and add make a release for SC :)
Hey skully can you make a separate thing for just the turrets? I like using stock weps but would love extra turrets for base defense if not then thats okay too. Also is it save compatible?
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

skullywag

if you move the items exotic xml into the turrets folder then delete everything in the thingdefs folder and just leave turrets folder, itll do just that, ive done this for the next release(I meant to do it in the first one) it allows people to easily remove turrets or do as you want to and have just the turrets.

Mechanoid Hivemind

The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

skullywag

I can do an icon yeah, the default game just uses the turret texture which happens to always be the base texture. Ill add a custom for each.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: skullywag on July 13, 2015, 06:34:04 PM
I can do an icon yeah, the default game just uses the turret texture which happens to always be the base texture. Ill add a custom for each.
Oh so that was planned? I wasnt sure if it wasnt showing up for some reason i use the pictures more than i use words to know what a gun is, you should use fire for the flamethrower a plasma bolt for the plasma and so on, Just a thought (saves you some work)

skullywag

I can use the turret top image, as I said the base game by default uses the image you assign the building and as the building is the turret base (which draws the turret top image on itself) all turrets by default will do this, its easily changed though.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: skullywag on July 14, 2015, 02:38:11 AM
I can use the turret top image, as I said the base game by default uses the image you assign the building and as the building is the turret base (which draws the turret top image on itself) all turrets by default will do this, its easily changed though.
Oh okay i just figured a flame or a plasma round would look cool, aesthetics and all, 95% of my bases need to look good even if it dont work at 100% efficiency  8)

Oh would a stun turret, I.E, a bean bag turret be possible?

skullywag