[A17] Skullywags Weapon Packs - Laser and Gauss updated!

Started by skullywag, June 24, 2015, 03:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InfiniteRemnant

are you going to be adding your Charge weapon set at any point?

i realize the way these sets have been rebalanced kinda make em redundant, but that weapon set from OMNI had the coolest designs.

skullywag

Yeah ill get to that one, i just didnt like how it was all mishmash texture wise, but perhaps that was part of its charm...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

nmid

Quote from: skullywag on June 28, 2015, 02:04:31 PM
Rebalanced weapons based on:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13992.msg145252#msg145252

Please feedback on this id like to get this nailed. Im worried that with the cooldowns raised pawns are going to be rooted to the spot a lot more and wont respond to commands until the cooldown is over.

I will check with Dev mod on later today, in one of my existing colonies.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

InfiniteRemnant

Quote from: skullywag on June 28, 2015, 02:54:14 PM
Yeah ill get to that one, i just didnt like how it was all mishmash texture wise, but perhaps that was part of its charm...

well, first, i like the versions with orange stripes you had under spares better.

the Charge Scattergun reminded me of the RCP90 /w silencer from the N64 Goldeneye game, so nostalgia points there. the pistol and shotgun look the best out of the set and match each other the most.

the other two custom weapons looked good, but the vanilla charge rifle actually wound up looking silly compared to the others. maybe if more of them had a barrel heatshield with holes drilled in it, or the pack included an alternate sprite for the R4 it wouldn't look as out of place?

also looking through the sprites, apparently there were pulse weapons? why did i never see those? huh. they look neat. name kinda makes me think of some kind of sonic cannon...

skullywag

I had a lot of stuff in the pipeline. Just never got around to fleshing it out, i will one day.

nmid

I have to check it again. My mod has infused weapons, so it's tough to get a normal variant of the gun. (I have to spawn 25 to get 1 normal unfused gun).

I have tried out the flame thrower. Awesome graphics. A bit low damage.
As I am trying with max skill pawns, not sure how accurate it will be with a regular pawn of 5-10 shooting skill. I feel that damage 2 is too low, but I guess the main attraction is that fire spreads? I still think damage has to be increased.

For plasma, gauss and laser, I am trying out the sniper rifles - precision rifles.
Will try out the pistols/shotguns/light carbines/rifles/heavy rifles later, once I disable the infusion mod.

Plasma damage of 8 in a sniper rifle seems low, again. I play without combat realism, so I wonder if that's the reason why I want higher damage in my weapons.
laser looks awesome. How long does the stun last? my target was stunned for less than 1 sec and on the 4th shot finally went unconscious.
gauss I didn't like the sniper rifles. I tried out the regular rifles and wow, do impressions change.

I need to try
1. in a regular raid
2. during normal weather conditions
3. for pawns with 7-10-15 shooting skills
4. with normal quality weapons
5. all the different type of weapons.

Will test it and get back to you.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

skullywag

Thanks for the feedback, remember some weapons fire burst (or should be) so plasma sniper rifle will fire 3 shots. Will maybe adjust the flamethrower but its there as a crowd control/panic causer, I could output more flame jets...ehh will have a play.

nmid

yes, gauss does have burst fire of 3. I think plasma too?
However when my pawn with 20 shooting skill was firing, he wasn't able to hit the granite wall he was aiming at, with even 1 of those 3 shots!
I guess I was standing too close to the wall, so it was considered medium range.

Going to try out the guns in an actual combat situation.

skullywag

Yeah gauss is a rnaged weapon. I mean it woud have a flat trajectory and tear through anything reallu but it woukd be OP it has to have a limitation to give reason to using the other weapons.

Goldsmyths

Laser turret overlaps with Turret Collection.
Has the same <defName>LaserTurretGun</defName> with turret collection.
Solved by renaming one of them to LaserTurretGun2 or whateverfloatsyourgoat.

skullywag

Ill chuck an update with an updated naming convention. Its on my todolist to do this to all my mods. Prefix with my name or something...

Abrexus

As always Skully, quite an amazing pack you have here!

skullywag

Feel free to grab, adapt, screw with it as always Abrexus. ;)

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Fallatus on June 26, 2015, 03:47:25 PM
In my opinion: Gauss should have long charge time but have the most damage, Plasma should be at the medium and Lasers should be the fastest firing but with longer cooldown.

Gauss:
Loong range (unless there's a face in the way it wont stop quickly.)
Long charge time (charging capacitors.)
Highest damage (you try taking a hyper velocity round to the face and be fine.)
Medium cooldown (Gotta bleed of that heat!)
Low fire rate (don't need more than a few shots to take both an arm and a leg.)

Plasma:
Medium range (the plasma would eventually disperse)
Medium to short charge (heating the plasma.)
Medium to high damage (Plasma is usually pretty hot, Y'know?)
Medium to long cooldown (gotta discharge the heat buildup.)
Medium fire rate (Plasma is isolated from the barrel but still bleed of some heat.)

Lasers:
Long range (it's a laser, They go pretty far.)
Low charge time (The power is already in its batteries)
Low to medium damage (a laser is rather precise.)
Short to medium cooldown (Batteries have to recharge.)
High fire rate (Lasers don't exactly have bullet limits.)

Flame:
Short range (fire is basically uncontained plasma)
Low charge time (the fuel comes ready to go)
Short to high damage (the longer you are exposed to fire the worse it gets)
Short cooldown: (no need to recharge but maybe to cool down the barrel a bit)
Medium to high "fire" rate (What you gonna do when the tanks empty and the barrel too hot?)
Man your first post at all and it's damn constructive. Gratz

nmid

yup! /n1  8)
Compare that to the other 1st post on this thread...  :o :-\