[A17] Skullywags Weapon Packs - Laser and Gauss updated!

Started by skullywag, June 24, 2015, 03:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

check out Rikikis mining co mods, the lasers are from that, its all his code, its the best implementation i could find rather than making it myself and it being a lot worse. lol.

Its still projectiles but there is a load of code in the dll that controls the laser.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

so.....im adding the reloading mote/gizmo thing as Ive been using it locally for a while now (ala combat realism) do you guys want this to stay vanilla and just have the guns act as they normally do, or would you want the extra ness of the reloading mote/gizmo.

I have an A13 version, just dont really want to have 2 versions of these mods. But i made these for me and I play with that stuff on. Decisions.....

Helixien

Personally I like them as they are right now. But its up to you. Reloading will cost time and when you get raids of 20+ pawns, often ever right after another, this would kill my colony.

So yeah, your choice in the end!

skullywag

enemies would have to reload also....but still, i might have to figure out a way of having a vanilla friendly and "reload for funsies" version.

Helixien

idea: make a simple version you dont need to reload and then an upgraded version which does more damage for example, but needs to be reloaded

regenesis

Wild Card

I`d like some reloading action, makes sense, and if enemies have to do it also it should be pretty fair

DarknessLilly

hmmm well as long as you fire faster than normal the reload would be great. but if its still fire as slow as vanilla the reload would get you killed while you reload and the enemies use vanilla weapons and never have to.

skullywag

All updated, all now require CCL i may upload a more vanilla version but im not really wanting to maintain 2 versions. Ill think about it some more.

All mechanical weapons have a chance to jam based on quality, pawns will fix the jam themselves.

A vanilla weapon pack with all this added is available here

skyicon

do anyone already tried laser and plasma? doesnt seems work i got an error

skullywag

When did you download them last? I put a small update fix out late last night? If its still erroring can you chuck me the logs. Thanks.

skyicon

i just download it... flametower and gauss works fine the problem just with laser and plasma turret

skullywag

Ghizmo

Hey Skully,

It wouldn't happen to be so that the regular weapons from: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6034.msg58569#msg58569
(Like the TAR21 for example)

Are a part of this pack?

Because I only see the flame, plasma, gauss and laser in the OP.