[A17] Skullywags Weapon Packs - Laser and Gauss updated!

Started by skullywag, June 24, 2015, 03:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFC

Is the taser/stun gun supposed to be killing so often? It seems like I am killing more people than I am incapacitating.

caekdaemon

Finally sorted out my mod list and have no errors at long last, but I've switched over to using CR, which means I can't use these mods anymore  :'(

Looking forward for the time when you release a CR patch!

blub01

two things: one, the olympus minigun says it has unrivaled ammo capacity, but it's burst shot count is the same as the normal minigun, which doesn't have the whole magazine mechanic at all. the only thing you get is a slightly better accuracy.

secondly, I've found that it is impossible to craft any of your weapons. the "unfinished whatever" item will be created, the work counter will tick go down, but when it reaches 0, you don't get the weapon, but the log gets spammed with a bunch of messages, which I haven't looked at too closely yet. might be a vanilla issue, too, though, considering it happened with power armor, too.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Nonmomentus Brain

For the CR patch (which I presume is still planned to be released, considering that it has been stated that work has been done on it), will there be multiple ammunition types for a weapon type? Will , for example, be different types of ammunition be used for a laser precision rifle and a laser pistol? And will there be different ammunition options, similar to how CR has AP, FMJ and HP rounds?

AN7AG0NIS7

Quote from: DFC on May 18, 2016, 02:29:43 PM
Is the taser/stun gun supposed to be killing so often? It seems like I am killing more people than I am incapacitating.

Is this true? I was gonna use the taser to stop social fights. :(

InfiniteRemnant

It's a bit counterintuitive, but the tazer is actually best suited for someone who's TERIBLE with melee weapons (lvl 4 Melee or less).

otherwise, the damage buffs from their skill turns it lethal.

skullywag

Are people being hit by the stungun getting the "electrocuted" hediff, this is literally setting their max consciousness to 0.2 and it does 1 damage, how this is killing I dont know....

Same with the tazer it does the same thing with a damage of 1.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

AN7AG0NIS7

Actually, I was gonna have a third colonist taze the two who are socially fighting.. Heh!

Edit: Welp I got time now so I'll try it and tell you how it goes.

Edit 2: Tried the stungun and taser on 4 victims and THEY DIEDED!!

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

skullywag

Can you do me a favor can you test this by removing some body parts in dev mode from a pawn maybe an arm and eye stuff that you would expect to make him worse at this, equip him with a tazer and have him attack a few pawns, then get a healthy pawn and try again. Im expecting the pawn with parts removed to not kill (or at least not in 1 blow), this would prove a theory I have just by looking at the core code.

AN7AG0NIS7

Done! Colonist with 5 melee missing an arm and an eye tazed 2 berserking prisoners without killing them. When I did the initial test, said colonist was 4 melee with no injuries and she killed them.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

OmG_PotatoeZ

Didn't notice that all the weapons required ammo... Well, that save was lost. Oh well still a great modpack!

skullywag

Quote from: AN7AG0NIS7 on June 21, 2016, 10:36:10 AM
Done! Colonist with 5 melee missing an arm and an eye tazed 2 berserking prisoners without killing them. When I did the initial test, said colonist was 4 melee with no injuries and she killed them.

Thanks i know what the issue is now. Now need to find a way of fixing it. This might even be detour territory if base damage cant be below 1 (which im sure it cant) ugh

skullywag

Quote from: OmG_PotatoeZ on June 21, 2016, 10:59:00 AM
Didn't notice that all the weapons required ammo... Well, that save was lost. Oh well still a great modpack!

They dont technically require ammo its a pseudo system, theres no physical ammo, they just reload every few shots. Im still in 2 minds about this, on one hand i like the little extra detail it adds but its a step away from vanilla and 1 step closer to CR but i dont want to maintain 2 versions...ugh

I imagine you are referring to the vanilla weapons pack which broke your save. Im not sure but when i did this in the past it didnt break my save but i had to respawn the weapons to pick up the new comps or i got errors when it came time to reload. Tedious but fixable via dev mode.

AN7AG0NIS7

Quote from: skullywag on June 21, 2016, 12:34:01 PM
Quote from: AN7AG0NIS7 on June 21, 2016, 10:36:10 AM

Thanks i know what the issue is now. Now need to find a way of fixing it. This might even be detour territory if base damage cant be below 1 (which im sure it cant) ugh

No biggie. It seems that colonists involved in a social fight can't be targeted for attack by a third colonist anyway, so I guess the tazer/stungun can't be used to stop social fights. Maybe I'll try the stun grenade thrown at their feet instead when I get home from work today.

Edit: This thread might shed some insight on the taser-related deaths. We could be really off the mark with my tests lol. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18874.msg206849#msg206849

skullywag

Theres a bit of math involved here involving how effective the pawn is at melee (hence removing an arm effects the outcome) this does its thing and returns its number. This is then multiplied by the base damage of the weapon or something. So even though i set 1 as the damage its probably getting 10 or something when a hit lands. Ill do some debugging but at the worst case I can detour that method and handle the tazer how i see fit. The ranged verb may do something similar. Ill look into the random death point as well though just for my own clarity.