[A17] Skullywags Weapon Packs - Laser and Gauss updated!

Started by skullywag, June 24, 2015, 03:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voncruxz

So, I just found these mods. Laser doesn't seem to have issues when activating the mod, but the gauss mod gives me some issues. Below I've included a pastebin with the errors. It appears to be issues with the sounds, not finding files that are present in the locations stated. Not sure how I should go about fixing this. Ooh and this is with just activating the mod with core, nothing else.

https://pastebin.com/KseFJZ7k

Thanks in advance for any help ^^

voncruxz

Quote from: voncruxz on June 25, 2017, 07:12:39 AM
So, I just found these mods. Laser doesn't seem to have issues when activating the mod, but the gauss mod gives me some issues. Below I've included a pastebin with the errors. It appears to be issues with the sounds, not finding files that are present in the locations stated. Not sure how I should go about fixing this. Ooh and this is with just activating the mod with core, nothing else.

https://pastebin.com/KseFJZ7k

Thanks in advance for any help ^^

Never mind. After some thinking I figured it out. Based on the name of the files, I'm guessing they are for Xen's Ronon Dex Gun. Sound files kinda match that as well. And they are not used in the Gauss mod is my guess. All of the gauss guns worked and made sounds so yeah ^^ Shouldn't be an issue.

EDIT: Okay, so the mod is messing with me. Loads of complaints with my other mods now. I guess I'll have to live without the gauss weaponry for this playthrough and then later on figure out what the issue is.

BTAxis

The LAPD 2019 Blaster and the Particle Magnum seem terribly unbalanced. The former especially has a range on par with a sniper rifle and is accurate at all ranges. It's even superior to most of the Gauss weapons, but can be made without any special ingredients.
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"

skullywag

The what and the what? did Xen stuff some of his own weapons in or something with his pull request (i didnt check one of them as I assumed theyd be the same as they share most of the code) cuz i have no idea what those are....checking....
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

DOH! yep he snuck a file in my mistake with the gauss update, those are Xens weapons they shouldnt be here....lol. Ill remove them and release, for now delete weapons_iconic.xml from defs in Gauss.

XenGrimm

That was an oversight on my part - in my haste to get all the stuff I'd updated back onto Git for PR's, I apparently missed an XML file.

those weapons are kinda experimental and need a bit more refinement, but they are intended to be a sort of 'next tier' weapon. The versions that got left in were probably my ridiculous test versions.

BTAxis

Another thing - the fusion grenades included in the laser weapons pack are useless, because they don't explode.
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"

skullywag

Spotted the same thing in my current playtest, will address when i find time.

LittleMikey

Why does the Gauss turret take so long to fire? Or am I doing something wrong?

skullywag

Could be the conversion from float value to time in seconds value hasnt been done on the def??? I havent actually checked.

LittleMikey

Quote from: skullywag on June 29, 2017, 12:51:11 PM
Could be the conversion from float value to time in seconds value hasnt been done on the def??? I havent actually checked.
Well this is the current cooldown on my Gauss turrets:

Laser turrets are also really long in cooling down.

Plasmatic

I suspect it's this line  <turretBurstCooldownTime>600</turretBurstCooldownTime> in the TurretBase.xml

and are the capacitors supposed to show up on traders or are they craftable somehow? Cause so far I've only been able to scavenge weapons from raiders.. and they usually suck (my crafters can craft legendary and I'm stuck with poor-normal) and I haven't seen any capacitors on exotic traders..
Would it be possible to have a option to make them craftable? like a small extra mod that you can supplement gauss/lasers weapons with that would allow a bench to craft capacitors?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Plasmatic on August 01, 2017, 01:39:04 AM

I suspect it's this line  <turretBurstCooldownTime>600</turretBurstCooldownTime> in the TurretBase.xml

and are the capacitors supposed to show up on traders or are they craftable somehow? Cause so far I've only been able to scavenge weapons from raiders.. and they usually suck (my crafters can craft legendary and I'm stuck with poor-normal) and I haven't seen any capacitors on exotic traders..
Would it be possible to have a option to make them craftable? like a small extra mod that you can supplement gauss/lasers weapons with that would allow a bench to craft capacitors?

That is something I would like to .. or can I get capacitators by deconstructing old lasers ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Plasmatic

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 01, 2017, 04:33:28 AM
Quote from: Plasmatic on August 01, 2017, 01:39:04 AM

That is something I would like to .. or can I get capacitors by deconstructing old lasers ?

The few that I have gotten have been from deconstructing scavenged ones, so yes.. however I would love to be able to have a stockpile of x capacitors, especially if you are lucky/unlucky enough not to get a raid that has any laser/gauss weapons.

Quote from: skullywag on June 19, 2017, 03:58:38 PM
Meep Meep, Updates by Xen for 2 of the packs, ive removed the others they are so old, if anyone wants to have a crack at the others i welcome pull requests.

Everything as always is here:

https://github.com/Skullywag?tab=repositories

go nuts.

Are all these up to date? I see some dating back to A13?

skullywag

Not all of my repos are up to date no, I have local copies of some that are that ill be releasing soon, so if anyone is wanting to work on anything give me a nudge first, dont want you wasting your time on stuff ive already done but just not pushed yet.