Prisoner Transferring?

Started by Ink., June 24, 2015, 07:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ink.

Righto. So I'm trying to create a prison. Complete with different cell blocks for certain purposes. I.E Isolation for my shitheads.

Is there any core game way to do this? The prison improvements mod hasn't been updated so I'm not really sure of a way to transfer cells.

Kaballah

I think you can just clear the "for prisoners" flag on the original room's bed(s), set it in the new room, and then immediately "prioritize wardening" for each prisoner, with any colonist that has Warden enabled.  If not then you can draft colonists and "attempt arrest", I know for sure this works.

Axelios

The core game needs this but doesn't have it :(.

Quote from: Kaballah on June 24, 2015, 07:09:06 PM
I think you can just clear the "for prisoners" flag on the original room's bed(s), set it in the new room, and then immediately "prioritize wardening" for each prisoner, with any colonist that has Warden enabled.  If not then you can draft colonists and "attempt arrest", I know for sure this works.

1) Have new room ready for use - bed in place and set for prisoners.
2) In the old room,
- if there are multiple beds, deconstruct one
- if there is only one bed, change it to 'not for prisoners.'
3) Immediately grab a warden and prioritize wardening on the prisoner who needs transfer.
They should get transferred without issue.
4) Undo any changes you made in the old room.
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

Drahkon

Set the bed of the prisoner you want transferred to medical, as well as all unused prison beds except the one you want them to be moved to.