[A12d] Ish's Medieval Mods - Update: Alpha 12 and Balance (1 Sep 2015)

Started by IshOfTheWoods, June 24, 2015, 10:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan Huitema

Hey are you planning to update to A13? I updated the weapons and armor mods myself all that is needed is to swap out the smithing and tailoring tables with the new fueled and electric names but i haven't had a look at the defenses and faction mod.

IshOfTheWoods

I am planning on updating (and expanding), but won't have the time until mid May :( Feel free to post the updates you've made in the meantime!

Kaballah

Updating the weapons and armor recipe packs seems very straightforward, so if I get those working (probably the faction def too) I'll put that up for download and link it here.  I don't know anything about the Defenses mod though, I'll have a look at that later.

e: The armor and weapon mods were not a big deal:
Ish's Medieval Armor A13
Ish's Medieval Weapons A13

The faction conversion turns out to be fairly complex (have to define trader info and whatever) and I'd rather not mess with that myself.  The armor and weapons can be crafted at both kinds of tailor tables (for the gambeson) and both kinds of smithing tables (for all the weapons and the metal armors/helmets).

Kaballah

Oops, the category for helmets isn't set so they don't get stockpiled, I'll fix that tomorrow.

Kaballah

It's Tomorrow!
Ish's Medieval Armor A13
Updated to fix category problems with helmet and armor defs, you don't have to restart a colony to apply this but you will need to review existing stockpiles and outfit settings.

Commander Blackwatch

Best medieval Mods can you add some faction Bandits and king

Faction = Good
Weapons = Great
Armor = Great
Building and defense = Great but you need to add more

Rate
100/100

Great Job Bro
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

IshOfTheWoods

Thanks for the partial update Kaballah, and thanks for encouragement Blackwatch!

I've started some preliminary work on updates, but still don't expect anything to be out until mid-May to June. However, I wanted to give a bit of an update/announcement: I am no longer planning an eventual total conversion mod. I will be adding new content with the updates, but I will also streamlining and cutting some of the existing content. Anyone who wishes to create a fork of this project that retains the full breadth may feel free to do so, including use of the xml and textures.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Krutchen

Speaking of forking this project, would you mind if people used the existing assets in other  projects? I've been playing around with a kind of research tree mod project lately, which revolves around Metalworking & Smithing research trees, and the Medieval gear really fleshes out the early game.

IshOfTheWoods

Just give credit, don't charge money (donations are fine with me), and let others do the same. Good luck!

Krutchen

Quote from: IshOfTheWoods on May 08, 2016, 11:08:59 AM
Just give credit, don't charge money (donations are fine with me), and let others do the same. Good luck!

Awesome, my dude, i'll without a doubt give you a shoutout!
Oh, by the way, has anyone finished updating the noble houses pack yet? If not, I'll give that a whirl in a few minutes.

Justas love

Quote from: Kaballah on May 05, 2016, 01:14:48 AM
Updating the weapons and armor recipe packs seems very straightforward, so if I get those working (probably the faction def too) I'll put that up for download and link it here.  I don't know anything about the Defenses mod though, I'll have a look at that later.

e: The armor and weapon mods were not a big deal:
Ish's Medieval Armor A13
Ish's Medieval Weapons A13

The faction conversion turns out to be fairly complex (have to define trader info and whatever) and I'd rather not mess with that myself.  The armor and weapons can be crafted at both kinds of tailor tables (for the gambeson) and both kinds of smithing tables (for all the weapons and the metal armors/helmets).
Once you update everything and have the time, can you please update to cr

IshOfTheWoods

CrazyChris

Beathrus