Your most ridiculous deaths

Started by mokonasakura, June 25, 2015, 11:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mokonasakura

Mine was to squirrels. 20 of the fuckers grouped up in one spot right next to my base and then a psychic wave hit causing them to go insane. My colonists didn't stand a chance.

Quasarrgames

Oh, boy can i contribute to this thread!

A colonist died of a disease that they were 99% IMMUNE TO.
Darn the 1%...

A berserk colonist was beaten to death by his fellows who were trying to subdue them... because for some reason they didn't think to just hold him down and tie him up...

In fact, my whole colony eventually died these ways. They didn't have enough food, so they starved, so they went berserk and beat each other up, and before they could get more food or even heal, they went berserk again! Eventually they all died of untreated infections and cumulative bruising, at about the same time that all the crops became ready to harvest.
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

picollo

Played with the mod ship crash landing.

Two people survived it. Medieval minstrel, and artist. Both of them injured, minstrel lost his hand. He saved unconscious artist, and healed her. However she wasn't able to be a doctor. And noone of them was able to haul things. I've saved tons of food, like 400 units of plasteel, and few SMG and sniper rifles. But my heroic minstrel died from infection, because artist wasn't able to heal him. He was bleeding out, starving, and had infection at the same moment. In a wooden bed, in a room with plasteel walls, with food and glitterworld medicine two tiles away from him. But no, artist couldn't do anything to save him. When he died she wasn't even able to haul him to grave she digged. So his body was rooting in the bed in room next to artist's one.

LanMc

Yup, had the death by squirrels too...  LOL!

It was two of them, not twenty.  They took the poor guy's legs and one arm, both eyes.  He was dead by the time the other pawn reached him to rescue him. 
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Kegereneku

"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Mechanoid Hivemind

Ice sheets, -150 in winter. I was trying to get geo up and working when i had a siege, No i had solar power and my base was a nice toasty 72f. The mortar hit my right wall and broke the rock i used for the wall. (mountain base). Letting in that -150. needless to say my colonist became Popsicle in mere seconds Tis was a sad day for us all. What i learned was to wall of and install doors like a mad man.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

RedPhanthom

Several of my colonists got themselves killed by trying to rearm the traps field I was testing out. Had 6 Colonists, 4 Died. Then a raid appeared. Complete massacre.

JimmyAgnt007

accidentally put everyone in cryo pods.

RickyMartini

Most dumb one: Put the last standing colonist into a cryo chamber just to try it.

Most ridiculous one: Shot out livers by sniper hunters. -_- God damn.

Listy

My last two Colonists trying desperately to build a greenhouse during a Toxic fallout. So both had a high concentration of build up. The knock off for the day. Colonist one decides he wants some relaxation, decides what he needs is a game of horsehoes, so goes outside, and promptly keels over.

Colonist two is then sent out to rescue him, and promptly keels over.

Kaballah

Fire in my very cold food locker ended up roasting the whole colony as they all rushed in to try to put out the blazing food.

Cdr.Keen

fire in hallways or rooms are really colony killer.
be water my friend!

skullywag

Was modding and messing with projectile code, managed to make colonist shoot himself.....
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Kaballah

Quote from: Cdr.Keen on June 26, 2015, 06:22:42 AM
fire in hallways or rooms are really colony killer.

Yeah but what made it funny was my food locker (on ice sheet map) was around -40C, so people getting roasted was a bit unexpected  ;D

Varkrag

I love you guys that put your last guy in cryptosleep, that's priceless.

My most ridiculous death (that I can think of) was sending a wounded melee character with a steel shiv to hunt a herd of muffao. I accidentally prioritized the wrong colonist