Shortcuts anyone?

Started by rmurdocci, June 25, 2015, 12:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmurdocci

Hello y'all, quick question: Is there a way to program shortcuts into my game play?

Specifically, I'm thinking about pre-selected groups of pawns (e.g. sniper squad) or target buildings (e.g. main door to base, specific building station), etc.

I've reviewed the shortcut options but these don't seem to apply since they depend on which tab of the building menu you are currently in...

Thanks in advance.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: rmurdocci on June 25, 2015, 12:58:28 PM
Hello y'all, quick question: Is there a way to program shortcuts into my game play?

Specifically, I'm thinking about pre-selected groups of pawns (e.g. sniper squad) or target buildings (e.g. main door to base, specific building station), etc.

I've reviewed the shortcut options but these don't seem to apply since they depend on which tab of the building menu you are currently in...

Thanks in advance.
Only option would be mods. i think battle stations mod is what does it but i am not sure
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

milon

If there is such a mod, I'd love for the author to submit it to Tynan's mod request thread to be included in vanilla.

keylocke

same. it's such a pain to sort out the colonists.

ie : i usually just send out snipers to deal with most enemy threats, then use minigunners for backup (mostly unnecessary) , while most of my brawlers i keep inside the base (unless i need a couple of them as bait).

that means i need to sort my pawns out each time there's a raid and i want to sally out. the entire process is utterly repetitive and annoying, especially for large colonies. but i end up doing anyways, coz there's no other choice (unless i wanna just bunker down in the base)

sorting pawns, getting them into formation, telling them to attack a single target, etc.. it can get quite maddening in the long run. i need to keep pausing the game just to ensure they are in optimal battle formations in regards to their weapon range.

rmurdocci

Quote from: keylocke on June 25, 2015, 09:42:08 PM
same. it's such a pain to sort out the colonists.

sorting pawns, getting them into formation, telling them to attack a single target, etc.. it can get quite maddening in the long run. i need to keep pausing the game just to ensure they are in optimal battle formations in regards to their weapon range.

So true... /cry

For me this is the most annoying thing at the moment in-game...