Wound Severity and Heal Time Mod Request

Started by TheClassiness, June 25, 2015, 08:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClassiness

Anybody else feel like the wounds in the game just aren't severe enough? You only really have to worry if a colonist gets hit in the brain or loses a limb, because literally every single other wound just heals up in a day or two, even if your colonist got shot 16 times, burned, and then left out to bleed for half the day.

I would greatly appreciate a mod made that tweaks the heal times of wounds as well as the effect that wounds have on colonists as, in my opinion, the medical system feels kinda wasted. I don't really want my colonists to die in one shot, but being shot in the leg usually means you can't walk for quite a while, not in a few hours. Maybe a system that acts as if a limb is completely useless if damaged enough, and results in the colonist being stuck in bed for a while.

If a mod like this already exists and I just didn't look hard enough, feel free to direct me to it.

leax256

the mod you want exists, I just don't know the name

TheClassiness

The only one close to this would be the Realistic Weapons mod, but that usually involves people dying in one shot.

NickB0

I agree it is kinda silly how a colonist on the brink of death can make a 100% recovery in less then a day without even a scratch. I would like to see the recovery time for all wounds dramatically increased for vanilla, if it could be balanced correctly. It would be interesting having huge recovery periods after raids, and having some colonists forced in bed for days/weeks.

Also we have cuts, punctures and bruises but wouldn't it be cool if bones could break too? Just another layer for the medical system.

SSS

Quote from: NickB0 on June 27, 2015, 12:16:12 AM
Also we have cuts, punctures and bruises but wouldn't it be cool if bones could break too? Just another layer for the medical system.
We already have that. They're called cracks, and there's a variety of bones that can get them.

Unfortunately(?), they heal in a day or two also.

Razvan92

I think this is not such a great ideea. Imagine that Raids are computer generated events which can be lots of them in a short period of time. So take it like this the game raids you whenever it wants but it gives you the opportunity to heal fast in order to keep fighting. Try rising your difficulty and you will notice the absence of 1 colonist for sure. Like having to feed 3 colonists and give them medicine for weeks would make the difference betwen wind and lose.

TheClassiness

Yeah, obviously this would need a lot of balancing when it comes to raids so you're not just getting burned down to the ground while everyone is in bed, but it's just makes wounds seem like a joke when you can make a full recovery in a few hours.

Pink Photon

I'd love to see the wounds/medical system get improved. There needs to be more middle ground between "You're dead/missing limbs" and "100% recovery in less than 48 hours". You should have to make the decision of whether to have someone stay in bed doing nothing and heal faster, or limp around working below peak efficiency. Rather than just patching up fresh wounds, your doctors can provide long-term treatment. Having higher-skilled doctors and using better medicine will get people back on their feet faster, with less scarring.

Longer wound recovery time can be balanced by reducing raid size/frequency.

Kegereneku

Quote from: Pink Photon on June 28, 2015, 12:45:55 AM
I'd love to see the wounds/medical system get improved. There needs to be more middle ground between "You're dead/missing limbs" and "100% recovery in less than 48 hours". You should have to make the decision of whether to have someone stay in bed doing nothing and heal faster, or limp around working below peak efficiency. Rather than just patching up fresh wounds, your doctors can provide long-term treatment. Having higher-skilled doctors and using better medicine will get people back on their feet faster, with less scarring.

Longer wound recovery time can be balanced by reducing raid size/frequency.

"+1"
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !