Disassambeling Mechanoids

Started by Sirportalez, June 26, 2015, 01:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirportalez

Hi all!

It's the second time now my colonists don't disassemble them. First time they just did it after a while, but now again I cannot prioritize it because 'there is no empty storage space'.
Any hints here?

Jimyoda

Can you confirm that the selected colonist has the Crafting job type enabled and the machining table has a bill set up?
When you say you get 'there is no empty storage space' it sounds like you're selecting the mech to haul it. If I recall correctly, you click the machining table to prioritize disassembly.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

TLHeart

you are correct jimyoda, select colonist, right click machining table to disassemble a mech.  And disassemble of a mech is a crafting job, not repair job.

Here is Engie, with no crafting, and repair set up, and you can see the machining table requires a crafter.

Jimyoda

Quote from: TLHeart on June 26, 2015, 01:56:47 PM
you are correct jimyoda, select colonist, right click machining table to disassemble a mech.  And disassemble of a mech is a crafting job, not repair job.

Thanks for straightening that out.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Sirportalez

Thank you very much! Rightclick on the machining table did the job! But it's still strange because at least one of my craftsmen idled as I set them off of all other jobs. But maybe I made a mistake.

lusername

I have a better question: Why are you keeping dead Mechanoids in the freezer? They are metal, they do not spoil...drop them by the workshop instead.

SSS

Quote from: lusername on June 29, 2015, 07:07:18 PM
I have a better question: Why are you keeping dead Mechanoids in the freezer? They are metal, they do not spoil...drop them by the workshop instead.

I personally find it less of a hassle to place all non-humanoid corpses in a single stockpile, which translates to mechanoids in the freezer.

CheckSix

Thanks guys. I tried to get them to dissemble the mechs, and they did nothing, now working, thanks. I had to suspend all other machining table bills though.
Don't sweat the petty things
And don't pet the sweaty things.

SSS

Quote from: CheckSix on June 29, 2015, 08:51:29 PM
Thanks guys. I tried to get them to dissemble the mechs, and they did nothing, now working, thanks. I had to suspend all other machining table bills though.

Bills that are higher are prioritized first, so if, for example, you had a bill set to make artillery shells forever above the machining bill, you would never disassemble any mechanoids unless the map became devoid of steel.

Lonely Rogue

That should be the other way around. That way you get the stuff you can actually get DONE DONE! Lol.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?