feedback wanted

Started by Quasarrgames, June 26, 2015, 03:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quasarrgames

So i had five colonists, then a huge raid came along and killed 3 of them (in rather stupid ways). They were really good colonists too. Now i have two not very good colonists left. Not sure if i should redo the raid or keep going. What would you do?

i dont know how to do polls...
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

vagineer1

If they died for stupid reasons then don't feel ashamed to redo the battle again. I do it if my guys die in stupid ways.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Spectre

Because I use Prepare Carefully I'm even more attached to my colonists than most, so my answer is just reload and try again.
Holding hands whilst the walls come tumbling down.

SSS

It depends on your playstyle. You could try to push on anyway.

Cassandra should go easier on you for awhile if you've taken heavy losses.

MrWiggles

You're playing solitaire. Save Scum to your hearts content.
Just dont try to claim for awesomeness, and claim that it was done without cheating when you have. Cause thats bull shitty.

MailletC

If loading a saved game is considered cheating, then by all means cheat to win.
It's your colony, play it however you want.
What's with all the judgment around here?
Last I checked this game has no scoring system.

MrWiggles

Its as as much cheating, as moving none king cards to blank spaces, or looking under all the cards that will be revealed to decide which valid card to move. (Like two columns have a a red seven, and you peak under both one to see which is the better move.)

Axelios

Honestly, I've never thought to cheat at solitaire. Strange.
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

TLHeart

I reload all the time. It is not cheating, it is learning. would this option have worked better, yes no? No way to know without reloading and trying again.

Wow what just happened, save, reload a day before save, and see what happened.

And who cares but you, if you saved, reloaded, saved reloaded.... it is your game, play it for your enjoyment.

NemesisN

just load up the save...nobody will judge you for that we all done it...its just a game
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

A Friend

Save Scumming best answer always relevant.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Sukha

When and if you are proficient enough at the game, try a no Savescam game.
No Load games give much more satisfaction after you manage to overcome heavy losses.
Paradox games without loading are intense, if any1 here tried that. (CK2, EU4 etc)

Euzio

By all means, just reload the game if you really don't want to lose your colonists. To each his own playstyle. Anybody who comes about to blast you for it are basically just blowing hot air to the wind. This is a single player game after all and you are free to play it however you want. If you were playing a MP game and gaining an unfair advantage over other players, then yes, the gaming community would not be as kind to you.