worg improvments

Started by dakenho, June 26, 2015, 04:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dakenho

worgs should eat colonists, not just wound them and leave them alone.

Lonely Rogue

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU TOLD TYNAN THAT THEY DIDN'T FINISH OFF COLONISTS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH!
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Mr.Cross

R.I.P Colonists that decided it'd be fun to pet the wargs.
Claims to know most things.

Lonely Rogue

Why hello again Mr. Cross. Oh look a puppy right outside my base's door...
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Mr.Cross

Hello!
Yea, Imagine meeting your maker and having to explain why you died and what you were thinking at the time.... XD

dakenho

other great things that could happen, they could rip off a limb and run off with it, maybe they could fight over it.

Mr.Cross

Quote from: dakenho on July 02, 2015, 12:42:04 PM
other great things that could happen, they could rip off a limb and run off with it, maybe they could fight over it.

That would be nice to see, except that the colonists have invisible limbs....

zandadoum

i am more concerned of the PC slowdown they cause when you don't have a high end PC

Mr.Cross

Fair point. my gets slow enough XD

Mkok

I think they should eat dead bodies. I just had a huge pack arrive just after beating a large raid of tribals, and they didnt even touch any of those fresh tasty bodies.

It could also solve the problem of having large amount of dead visitors that all freezed to death after visiting you in winter :-) (though it maight cause another problem of having large number of dead wargs all around the map, since wargs freeze to death in winter as well)

Kegereneku

Myself I think the Worg should be looming all around the map, not just waiting at the door as if they were already domesticated Puppy Worg.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Kaballah

b0rsuk

Quote from: Kaballah on July 18, 2015, 01:13:37 PM
This is reasonable.

It would be a micromanagement nightmare.
With current implementation, you can deal with the threat fast if you have turrets, 2+ base entrances and decent shooters. If they roamed the map, you would have to forbid 3/4 of the map, or create allowed zones.

Wargs are terrifying in the open, they are fast and always outnumber you. It's extremely hard to kill them in the field without the help of turrets. Sending a party to hunt them is not an option currently. They will down your colonists (sometimes they kill them outright when they keep hitting torso for example), then you will have no way to rescue them, after losing your (probably) best shooters.

So you would have to draft all colonists, keep pausing, take a pot shot whenever a warg comes close to your settlement. Do some work when they are away, but keep watching them and pausing.

kingtyris

Thats... Kind of the point. Worgs should be about area denial, the claustrophobic experience of having your colonists huddle inside the base in fear of the roaming pack of maneaters outside their door. I would also like to see worgs attack, kill and eat animals on the map(a more realistic wolf-like behavior), which would also increase the worg threat as they would be depriving the colony of game until the next migration.

Kegereneku

As said, it's pretty much the point.
It is rather pointless for Warg to be simply "Free food and fur with a slight chance of turret failure".

Also, going in group and tracking isolated wolf is precisely how we dealt/extinct wolf before.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !