[A14] Skullywags Defensive mods - Shields, Fortifications, Armour, BlastCharges

Started by skullywag, June 28, 2015, 01:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hwoo

Quote from: Tinkerer on April 14, 2016, 10:21:12 PM
What do the blasting charges do?

Delayed explosives. You trigger them and after a couple of seconds they blow. They were taken out of base game because of abuse.

Aristocat

Shield mod is must have mod for me; I hope it's integrated into game.

Anyway suggestions : Somthing like bigger "Tower shield" would be nice. i.e. https://godlesspaladin.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/testudo.jpg

Also I think durability of shield should be increased with quality.

nuschler22

For some reason, I can't get the game to recognize blasting charges.

skullywag

blasting charges work fine for me, make sure the folder structure is correct:

mods/blastingcharges/about/about.xml
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

updated medievalshields and embrasures, updated images and a small fix for shields, added info on how to add mod weapons to the shields to the OP.

nuschler22

Quote from: skullywag on April 19, 2016, 01:45:20 PM
blasting charges work fine for me, make sure the folder structure is correct:

mods/blastingcharges/about/about.xml

I had to change the name of the mod from "blasting charges - blasting charges 1.2" to just "blasting charges."  The interior folder which usually just says "blasting charges" has the full name. 

After I did that, the game found it and it works.

Thanks again for the mods.

hector212121

Minor complaint--why can't you use a shield and a shield(energy and plank of wood that is)?

skullywag

hector....that would be OP as hell, however it could quite easily be possible. However this is not a restriction I have added. Its due to both accessories covering torso, remove torso from one of the defs and itll allow both. Ill debate on whether i want this in the main mod. Theres more shields incoming that would make you a TANK if this was allowed so not sure...

Aristocat - I can what should they return?

Aristocat

Quote from: skullywag on April 20, 2016, 10:26:15 AM
hector....that would be OP as hell, however it could quite easily be possible. However this is not a restriction I have added. Its due to both accessories covering torso, remove torso from one of the defs and itll allow both. Ill debate on whether i want this in the main mod. Theres more shields incoming that would make you a TANK if this was allowed so not sure...

Aristocat - I can what should they return?

Some of used material? I have few dozens of damaged shield that I don't know what should I do.

hector212121

Maybe make the better shields not shield-compliant, but make the light shields cover a different 'layer' than energy shields?

BTW, what do you need to get higher blockrate? Does manipulation boost that? I'm wondering if I can get a Beta Poly kite shield to go with a Beta Poly Vibrosword to make a unkillable menace in a Glittertech/Rimsenal game.

Aristocat

Quote from: hector212121 on April 20, 2016, 04:06:10 PM
Maybe make the better shields not shield-compliant, but make the light shields cover a different 'layer' than energy shields?

BTW, what do you need to get higher blockrate? Does manipulation boost that? I'm wondering if I can get a Beta Poly kite shield to go with a Beta Poly Vibrosword to make a unkillable menace in a Glittertech/Rimsenal game.

Only melee skill affect block rate if I'm not mistaken.

skullywag

Correct melee skill upfront them some rng under it. I may adjust this in future as its not perfect but for now a random chance between 0 and 21 is thrown if your skill level is above the number found it cuts damage to a quarter of what it was it then has a small random chance to block that (remove hitpoints from the shield) or hit you. if you were below the skill thrown then its half damage and a slightly less chance to absorb the damage on the sheild.

Hermit

Rimworld 13.1135, Power Armor 1.3.

The MkII Helmet is showing up in the assign outfit menu, but the armor is not.