[A14] Skullywags Defensive mods - Shields, Fortifications, Armour, BlastCharges

Started by skullywag, June 28, 2015, 01:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

add:

<thingCategories>
      <li>Apparel</li>
    </thingCategories>

to the power armour def somewhere, ill get a fix up later today.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

killergold88

Hey Skully, Love your mods, but I wanted to give you a heads up. I was reading through here and saw that someone had an issue with your medieval shields. I too have this issue.
If a pawn spawns off screen with a shield equiped and walks into the zone its nothing but a big pink square. One the pawn is killed and one of my pawns equips the shield it turns into the correct sprite.
I have had this happen to me on 3 occasions now. If it matters they are 2 steel and 1 uranium, they were all round shields as well.
Thanks, for all the hard work

skullywag

are you on the latest release?

I address an issue like this recently.

If you are can you get me the output.log from a game where it has occurred.

hector212121

Oh--I'd like to point out that stacking a shield under a energy shield *should* result in full damage from ranged attacks to the energy shield until it's broken, then absorbing with the physical one, while melee would still be absorbed only by the non-energy one. In case the mechanics you mentioned are why you don't think it'd be balanced.

killergold88

Ahh thats the trick, im still using 1.5
Thank you, for some reason i didnt even think to check the versions and see if there is an update. Hard to keep up with that when you have about 46 mods you load in and play with.

skullywag

Quote from: killergold88 on April 22, 2016, 11:30:02 AM
Thank you, for some reason i didnt even think to check the versions and see if there is an update. Hard to keep up with that when you have about 46 mods you load in and play with.

Try having 46 mods.....that are yours.....erp :P I really need to play some more instead of modding constantly lol

berni1212

Quote from: skullywag on April 22, 2016, 11:35:13 AM
Quote from: killergold88 on April 22, 2016, 11:30:02 AM
skullywag does Embrasures-Embrasures 1.4 Work ? because its not showing up in my game :(  :'( :'( :'(

Try having 46 mods.....that are yours.....erp :P I really need to play some more instead of modding constantly lol
Lost Soul in the World of Rimworld

skullywag

berni1212

Lost Soul in the World of Rimworld

skullywag

it should be mods/embrasures/about/about.xml if its anything else its wrong.

Dugalle900

I just built a machining table after getting the MKII Shield and the MKII Power armor/helmet mod and there is a recipe to create the MKII versions of the power armor, eventhough I haven't researched Power armor (the vanilla one) yet. I don't know if it's intentional that we can craft it before the research but eitherway there was a bug when trying to craft it. The work amount in the info of the recipe is set to 1 and the "Unfinished apparel" never finishes (sometimes the work amount even goes below 0)

Anyway this message popped up when it happened with Dev mode on

http://imgur.com/iRriBwT
Quote from: Ouan on March 09, 2016, 10:33:20 PM
I see that the rumors that Skullywag modded himself to death were greatly exaggerated.

skullywag

both good points, the first i was aware of, the second testing now.

skullywag

Dugalle900

Thanks, it works fine now.

About the Defence shield mod, I have a turret mod and it seems to me that the bullets are hitting the shield, even when fired from within.
Sorry if I'm being a nuisance  :P

EDIT: I don't know if the problem is on your end so here is the link to the mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6770.0
Quote from: Ouan on March 09, 2016, 10:33:20 PM
I see that the rumors that Skullywag modded himself to death were greatly exaggerated.

skullywag

Show me your setup, it works out the direction of travel so if you are clipping the side of another shield then that could be the cause, but if you put 1 turret in the middle of the shield it should be able to shoot out no problem.