[A14] Skullywags Defensive mods - Shields, Fortifications, Armour, BlastCharges

Started by skullywag, June 28, 2015, 01:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justas love

Dugalle900

Yes, you can. Only after you research the Powered Armor tech though
Quote from: Ouan on March 09, 2016, 10:33:20 PM
I see that the rumors that Skullywag modded himself to death were greatly exaggerated.

Dugalle900

About the Shields, I tested it again and reproduced the "bug" in a new colony and it worked fine this time. On both times the turrets (2x2) were completely inside the shield, not clipping it. If it happens again I'll let you know.
Quote from: Ouan on March 09, 2016, 10:33:20 PM
I see that the rumors that Skullywag modded himself to death were greatly exaggerated.

Krutchen

So, I've been playing around with the Medieval Shields and seem to have run into an issue.
Upon trying to expand the collection a bit more and add in a few more shield types, the texture seems to be defaulting to the buckler on equipping the shield. Any clue what's going on that could be causing that? Is it something in the actual dll? How would I get around this issue and have the correct texture drawn on my colonists?

skullywag

id need to do some work to allow that, its a little hard coded right now, give me some time with it see what i can come up with.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Krutchen

I'm assuming it has to do with this

public Material kiteMat = MaterialPool.MatFrom("Things/Item/Equipment/Apparel/Accessory/KiteShield");
        public Material bucklerMat = MaterialPool.MatFrom("Things/Item/Equipment/Apparel/Accessory/BucklerSingle/buckler1");

and then in DrawWornExtras()
                if (this.def.defName == "KiteShield")
                {
                    kiteMat.shader = ShaderDatabase.Cutout;
                    kiteMat.color = Stuff.stuffProps.color;
                    Matrix4x4 matrix = default(Matrix4x4);
                    matrix.SetTRS(vector, Quaternion.AngleAxis(num, Vector3.up), s);
                    Graphics.DrawMesh(MeshPool.plane10, matrix, kiteMat, 0);
                }
                else
                {
                    bucklerMat.shader = ShaderDatabase.Cutout;
                    bucklerMat.color = Stuff.stuffProps.color;
                    Matrix4x4 matrix = default(Matrix4x4);
                    matrix.SetTRS(vector, Quaternion.AngleAxis(num, Vector3.up), s);
                    Graphics.DrawMesh(MeshPool.plane10, matrix, bucklerMat, 0);
                }

Can you not reference the actual shield texture or something from what is in the defs?
also, i noticed that the kite and buckler shields have their own xml files, is that necessary due to how you have this set up? I merged the two files and didn't notice any changes in behaviour.

skullywag

ok ive updated, go grab 1.8.

Itll use the graphic you have set in the graphicdata of the def.

Yeah you can merge them but im adding more shields and i hate scrolling so...

Krutchen

You're wonderful, Skullywag, Thanks a ton! I was just about to mess with changing that myself, had to get vs installed and all that first, Lol.

skullywag

let me see what you do, could incorporate other users shields if theyre good. :)

Kaballah

For your melee shields mod, all of the material types have the same cash value, which isn't a super big deal but it makes it pretty tempting to take plasteel ones if you're using Prepare Carefullly.

skullywag

Quote from: Kaballah on April 30, 2016, 11:31:52 PM
For your melee shields mod, all of the material types have the same cash value, which isn't a super big deal but it makes it pretty tempting to take plasteel ones if you're using Prepare Carefullly.

you are correct, removed market value setting allowing stuff used to build to define price, unfortunately this puts crafting shields way more upfront than buying them, as they are silly expensive.

Kaballah

Is that really a bad thing?  Higher value materials affect weapon prices the same way.

skullywag

I should have said "as a side effect" not "unfortunately". Its in now anyway, no reason it shouldnt work the way everything else does.

Commander Blackwatch

Nice Job Keep Make some awesome things gun,turret,defense,armor,explosive,structure

Rate
10/10

Great job  :)
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

Grizzlyadamz

Hey Skullywag, could you make a version of the defence shields, medieval shields, & shield-IIs which are balanced for Combat Realism? (pretty please?)