[A14] Skullywags Defensive mods - Shields, Fortifications, Armour, BlastCharges

Started by skullywag, June 28, 2015, 01:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demonlord091

Quote from: AllenWL on July 03, 2015, 07:22:53 AM

On a side note, thinking about the talk about smart mines, won't it be cool to have suicide drones that you can draft then send towards enemies, walls, animals, etc and have blow up?

There actually used to be a Suicide Bomb mod made by none other than eatKenny, though you'll have a Hell of a time finding it since it was for Alpha 8.

Amusing little thing, if you mention it to him maybe you could convince him to bring it back to life.

As for skullywag, You've done very good work on the mods you've made so far.  We look forward to seeing what else you come up with.

Edit: I stand corrected, the Suicide Bomb mod is alive and updated for Alpha 11. Not sure how I missed that.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

suicidalkid

skullywag

Aristocat

I think max hp of medieval shield should increase to around 300 just like any other armors. Power armor for instance has 400 hp while plate armor has 300.

Also a idea : Parry and Dodge mod, basically same as shield except parry require melee weapon while dodge require moving stat.

Aristocat

It seems game stop respond and crashes when a medieval shield equipped pawn uses fist attack.

Aristocat

Medieval shield cause crash when weaponless pawn beat fire or attack other pawn. Please fix it.

skullywag

ill take a look tonight, gonna try and get some updates out, im still modding pc less at the mo, but ill do my best with what i have.

T-Wrecks

Hey, shields cause a crash when the pawn holding it is shot by a turret in combat with enemies. At least I think that's what it is.

T-Wrecks

Skully, friend! Please update your shield mod! Its like the best thing that ever happened to rimworld (besides dragons of course :P).

Hague

Okay some feedback about the shield algorithm. It needs to take into account manipulation, sight, and consciousness qualities of the pawns both doing the defending and attacking.  (Defender skill * Weighted average of stat factors) - (Attacker Skill * Weighted Average of Stat factors) = Blocking Bonus <This value can be negative if the attacker is more skilled or in better physical condition>. Roll 1-20. Add Blocking Bonus to roll. If roll is over 10. The block succeeds. If the roll is a 20. It always succeeds regardless of skill. If it rolls a 1. It always fails. This basically gives two equally skilled opponents a 50% chance to block each others attacks until one or the other deals a wound that would affect their manipulation, sight or consciousness and so on. It will also account for bionics in the blocking chances as well. The base chance: 10, could be altered to suit the weapon types. Blocking melee weapons is an average challenge based on the fighter's abilities. Blocking bullets should be significantly harder.

skullywag

ive fixed the immediate issue with the shields i could find. Let me know if it addresses the crashes. Ill look into the requests regarding how it should behave at another time.
edit - scratch that still crashes when firefighting unarmed.....grrr gimmee a few mins.

skullywag