[A14] Skullywags Defensive mods - Shields, Fortifications, Armour, BlastCharges

Started by skullywag, June 28, 2015, 01:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a711953

Quote from: CyborgDragon on June 28, 2015, 06:10:17 PM
So I made a mini-mod to give these to Norbals and Pirates, and I noticed that when equipped by anyone other than colonists, they appear as magenta squares.

This issue has reappeared for me, along with all other colonists getting magenta squares when a shield is equipped, after game load.

skullywag

hmm did you restart the game after turning on the mod? anytime you open the mod ordering menu you should restart, if thats not the issue, can i have your output.log?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

ok I see what happened here, ive fixed the material not correctly loading, i managed to recreate the problem happening, it was somewhat to do with me adding the new buckler shield, due to this i added some code to check which type of shield was being used, i did this is setup method and as I found out the last time i saw this problem, it isnt called for apparel. All fixed now.

Also added a new way of defining weapons to be used with the shields, the main games pistol, pdw and heavy smg are all added by default, if you want to make a weapon from a mod be used just add a weapon tag of:

<li>MedievalShields_ValidSidearm</li>

and itll be allowed to be used.

Nax

Do the embrasures give cover or do they simply block people and not bullets?

hwoo

with the bullet glitch of them passing through walls does this happen with the embrasures?

skullywag

Nax

How much cover? I want to know if i should build real walls for them to hide behind and peak or if just embrasures will work just as well.

skullywag

Well a sandbag gives 0.65 cover, embrasures give 0.99, if it was 1.0 bullets couldnt pass through.

hwoo

Quote from: skullywag on April 11, 2016, 06:25:09 PM
Well a sandbag gives 0.65 cover, embrasures give 0.99, if it was 1.0 bullets couldnt pass through.
[/quote

Misunderstood me my friend, there used to be a core game bug where bullets would pass through 1 thick walls so I wondered if it affected the mod www all. Thank you for your reply and the clear up 😊

hector212121

I have a suggestion! Add a Mounted Machine Gun/Minigun that consumes 1 of the weapon in question. Make it slightly more accurate and give 90% cover instead of 99% cover.

Also, whenever someone spawns with the item or you load with them having it they get that purple square iirc. You have to equip and unequip to see the shield.

Helixien

Quote from: hector212121 on April 12, 2016, 08:24:17 AM
I have a suggestion! Add a Mounted Machine Gun/Minigun that consumes 1 of the weapon in question. Make it slightly more accurate and give 90% cover instead of 99% cover.

+1, that sounds like an interesting idea!

hector212121

Oh yeah, and of course give it a slightly higher burst rate because you're not trying to lift it while reloading. xD

macbuk

Looks like the MK2 Power Armor helmet cannot be crafted, there is no recipe for it.

skullywag

skullywag