[A16] [ModCollection] The Essentials ≈ 150 mods, right-ordered.

Started by ambivalence, January 07, 2017, 05:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambivalence

Hey, guys, I didn't name it the only–one–right–collection–for–all. You may always turn off everything you don't like – moreover, I'd do it on your place. You say there're a lot of lamps and maybe you're right – even after I've cut some of them few days ago – but may be it just what I needed? As I said previously here, I like to have options. It's totally normal to build different bases, different rooms and so on, you know it. Probably there's something I don't understand myself. When you open the thread with 150 mods mentioned in its topic, you don't wait for limits. It's just a game after all.

However, I agree that someone may deem it unfair; all the permissions etc. I'll cut the links soon – not because I actually think that there's someone who wanna restrict some mod to use here, but because it's formally right + I don't want to maintain it publically this much to get all the contacts. The only thing I wanted to do is to save someone's time to get all the mods separately, with all the respect to their authors. This community is pretty new for me, but personally I already remember all the mighty contributors by nicknames and cannot imagine the game without them.

As for bugs...

Quote from: rayfcrols on January 12, 2017, 01:18:59 PM
What is the modification that is leaving the environment dark and foggy?

Do you mean «Realistic Darkness»?

Quote from: Phocks on January 11, 2017, 06:03:22 AM
For some reason I can't build sun lamps; and I can't find a research for them. Do you know what mod would change this?

There's no mod I remember, that changes vanilla lamps. I've double-checked it right after your post, but it seems alright – sun lamps are here. Try do download the last version of the pack before I delete the links. I advise to make backups – both save and mod folders – because there can be something I removed or added, so it wouldn't be super-compatible.

Quote from: Keneron on January 10, 2017, 09:39:28 AM
so how would one go about installing this? there are no install instructions and I am a bit confused.

I haven't mentioned that the instruction file lost in some moment. Now it is in.

By the way, here's a simple math. To get all the modifications – I mean to find them, to sort them, to figure out if they're good – you need at least a day, if it's new for you. For this moment, there're about 1000 of downloads. So, roughly speaking, it's about 3 human years. I've already spent my day, so the end user has the option if he wanna do the same or not. There's nothing complicated against the heavy work of modders, anyone can download something that he didn't actually make, but I hope it helped someone.

System.Linq

I cannot say I recommend including both Romance Diversified and Psychology in a mod pack by default. If people want to use them together, absolutely; that's why I provided the option for Psychology to disable its features for compatibility with the former. But I don't approve of telling other people to do it when they aren't fully aware of the consequences of doing so. Please include a disclaimer or remove one or the other from the modpack.

ambivalence

Quote from: Psychology on January 13, 2017, 05:49:46 PM
I cannot say I recommend including both Romance Diversified and Psychology in a mod pack by default.

Thanks for your comment on that. Could you describe what the «Psychology» features are disabling in the case of compatibility mode? I've played this way for days and it was all right. At least, I saw both romance features and at least some of the psychology's ones.

ss82

Hi, question... I have issues with the dev console window ingame, it stays open when unpaused and i can't close it with the buttons(close/clear), never had this issue with rimworld/mods before. Any solution? :(

ambivalence

Are there any red-type errors in-game? If so, PM please or show them here.

sherrif

Here's an error I got when I installed it on the startup screen.

Doing a little bit of digging I saw that the folders for said mods were empty, was this an extraction error or were these mods meant to be removed?

ss82

This is the dev console window that only disappear when i pause the game...and the buttons in the right corner does not work...

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Borschik

Which mods are changing textures of Packaged Meal, Steel, Sandstone and Mine order? I want to turn them off and get back vanilla textures. Can`t find any mods with those changes in description.

Screenshot here: http://puu.sh/toEBy/a4c0625baf.jpg

Borschik

Quote from: Borschik on January 16, 2017, 04:14:08 PM
Which mods are changing textures of Packaged Meal, Steel, Sandstone and Mine order? I want to turn them off and get back vanilla textures. Can`t find any mods with those changes in description.

Screenshot here: http://puu.sh/toEBy/a4c0625baf.jpg
I found it myself. Changed textures are in the /Mods/Core folder. Are those texture changes are absolutely necessary? Can I replace it with vanilla core folder or something will break?

Szara

This looks like a wonderful compilation, I'll definitely give it a try once I'm back stateside again.
Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

FukYu2

Just DL'ed the game. Opened the Mods Folder. Came here and DL'ed this Mod. Unpacked it in the Mods Folder. Started the Game. Error Window Opened. Turned it Off. Opened Mods Menu. Everything is Red but Core. What did I do wrong?
It is Pronounced Foo-Kay-You-2  XD