[A13] LED Lights - V 1.4 (14/4/2016)

Started by Loki88, June 28, 2015, 02:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Real Poll for Now

Loki88

Quote from: securitycop on April 29, 2016, 10:14:53 PM
umm how do i download this???

I've reattached the download in the original post. It tells me it was deleted due to age but it was only 15 days old  ???

Killaim

does this work on games allready in progress?

SynsPlayground

Seems very interesting and convenient, now i dont have to have conduits every where and can light up long hallways with things being visualy pleasing. Will provide some feed back once i test it out some 8)
Sadism Isnt All Fun And Games, At Least Not For You, I'm Having A Ball! -A Sadist You've Never Seen(Syns)

Loki88

Quote from: Killaim on April 30, 2016, 04:12:03 PM
does this work on games allready in progress?

Should work fine. It will give you the mod mismatch warning due to having new mod active but nothing bad should happen.

Loki88

Quote from: SynsPlayground on April 30, 2016, 04:48:13 PM
Seems very interesting and convenient, now i dont have to have conduits every where and can light up long hallways with things being visualy pleasing. Will provide some feed back once i test it out some 8)

I appreciate any feedback, good or bad. Hope you enjoy the mod  ;D

The_Haminator

Link is still down I really wanna DL this! Looks like the best working light mod for A13 right now

SynsPlayground

Quote from: The_Haminator on April 30, 2016, 08:42:26 PM
Link is still down I really wanna DL this! Looks like the best working light mod for A13 right now

Worked fine for me, its the really small link at the very bottom of the first post, i believe you need to be logged in to see it
Sadism Isnt All Fun And Games, At Least Not For You, I'm Having A Ball! -A Sadist You've Never Seen(Syns)

harpo99999

thank you for SCREAMING so loudly. my guess is that the op did NOT want to use an external file shareing site and used the attahments in the forum (just requires a login to see the attachments but nothing else(unlike some of the file sharing sites)

@asdf123:

Welcome to the forums, and welcome to be being reported to the moderators for abusive language and, in general, being an asshat.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Ramsis

Oh man that was fun to read I tell ya hwat. <3
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

joaonunes

Ouch... Didnt know the deserts in Rimworld gave people such sick burns over to the forums xD

I'll be honest, I too created an account on the forums "just" to be able to download all mods, then forgot I even had an account for a while, and recently got hooked into the forum and everything around it, helping people test mods, give them advice and (if everything works as expected) joining the world of modding. He did not have to be an asshole, he could just be quiet about it and try to enjoy the stuff people post on the forum... Now I spend more time looking at the forum than I spend playing the game xD
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

harpo99999

as do I, but I also try to help where I can, and I also thought the twit was being a stupid one, but tried to put a positive spin on it

SynsPlayground

After playing with a few different worlds I must say, I love this mod. I only have one complaint, the glow range of the grow light strips, would it be possible to have their effect slowly drop off over a distance rather than cut off completely for things that are a single block further than the current effective range?

Basicaly, I have tried several grow rooms set up based around the LED lights and using the squarish nature of rimworld and having square grow rooms there would always be at least 4 of my crops not getting the propper ammount of light close to the corners of the rooms

Just my input, other than that I love this and hope to see it grow =D

That's just rounding errors of the core game.  Since the glow radius is so low (3, iirc), they will have a steep falloff when converted from 192 pixels to 3 cells.  Each cell is 64x64 pixels, 3*64 = 192, each pixel is computed for light level, average light level of the entire cell is calculated, result is 100/66/33/0 at ranges (from centre) of 0/1/2/3+.  A larger glower radius would give a smoother falloff.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.