AJ's first post

Started by A.J, June 29, 2015, 06:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.J

Hellurh!

I've played RimWorld for quite some time now, but haven't been looking much into the forums at all. But now I'm here, so do not fear! All your problems will disappear!

I thought I'd throw a post, and show how I play and how I build my stuffs. If anyone has any tips on anything I'll gladly take them! I'll probably update this post as I play through, maybe a new colony later on, but I have this one colony that I've been on a little while.

With some of the things I build, I don't really plan through on how I want it to look. Take the Solar Generators for example. Then again I try and make room for the stone roads, because I like it and it's pwetty.
I build the bedrooms into mountains usually, and I closed off the "indoor" section with doors because of the Toxic Fallout that came out of nowhere. And the eating area is connected to there, same goes for the hospital section.
The Orbital Beacon and stockpile is roofed off, except for the 1 space above the beacon, and I keep the doors open for faster access.

Please do tell me what you think, and if you have any tips'n'tricks feel free to share! Will update later on.

Thanks for readin, take it easy!
-A.J

Shinzy

Il ove your roads! but I've seen so many in-mountain-row-housings
I loev the yard you've got going on though!
and you don't need to have open roof for beacons anymore! patch that thing up!
it'll get all breezy and so in your trade pad!

Edit: Oh oh! and hallooo there AJ, I am Shinzy, pleased to meet you!!

MarcTheMerc

Hello AJ MarcTheMerc here and i too like your roads but you should seal up your trade beacon as when "outside" items degrade.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

Lonely Rogue

I can pretty much build the same base every time, it's 27x27,two layers, steel on the outside, wood on the inside, turrets on the corners, autodoors on the middle of every side, four bedrooms, two prison rooms, and a farm in the middle. Lol. Maybe a pic will come in.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

A.J

Quote from: Shinzy on June 29, 2015, 07:30:24 AM
Il ove your roads! but I've seen so many in-mountain-row-housings
I loev the yard you've got going on though!
and you don't need to have open roof for beacons anymore! patch that thing up!
it'll get all breezy and so in your trade pad!

Edit: Oh oh! and hallooo there AJ, I am Shinzy, pleased to meet you!!
Thank you for them kind words! :D
I know, I know... But when they're all asleep I usually check up on the "Character", "Needs" and "Health" tabs. Just to get more familiar with their stats and their injuries, and it's so much more easy when you have them all sleeping close to eachother like that.  ;D And I need it to look a-like.... It MUST look a-like.  ;D ;D

Quote from: MarcTheMerc on June 29, 2015, 08:01:55 AM
Hello AJ MarcTheMerc here and i too like your roads but you should seal up your trade beacon as when "outside" items degrade.
Thank you! :D

I didn't know you could seal it up actually. But I always leave that 1 spot open directly above the Trade Beacon, as far as I could tell though, the items didn't deteriate like this:      :)

Thank you for the warm welcome! ;D

Shinzy

Oh! a very very good tip for checking your characters
the , and . buttons should rotate betwee your colonists (that's not said anywhere to my knowledge but it's *very* useful)

and no the items should not deteriorate at all if the tile has roof directly above it
but still! for future designs you can plop beacons in dank, dark storage rooms in the depths of moria if you wish
and have dedicated storage rooms for different items (you're not limited to just one beacon, obviously! ;D)
I just like to store my items near where they are used or made so you don't need to haul all of it in your dragon hoard pile of awesome treasure

also you can sell your inevitable overflow of potatoes directly from your freezer if you plop beacon in there

Axelios

Quote from: Shinzy on June 30, 2015, 05:44:03 PM
also you can sell your inevitable overflow of potatoes directly from your freezer if you plop beacon in there

Oh so good! I am doing that from now on
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

A.J

Quote from: Shinzy on June 30, 2015, 05:44:03 PM
Oh! a very very good tip for checking your characters
the , and . buttons should rotate betwee your colonists (that's not said anywhere to my knowledge but it's *very* useful)

and no the items should not deteriorate at all if the tile has roof directly above it
but still! for future designs you can plop beacons in dank, dark storage rooms in the depths of moria if you wish
and have dedicated storage rooms for different items (you're not limited to just one beacon, obviously! ;D)
I just like to store my items near where they are used or made so you don't need to haul all of it in your dragon hoard pile of awesome treasure

I had not thought of that! That's a darned good idea!

Usually, I make my trade stock the center-ish of the colony, so they don't have to travel that far from producing items and materials.

Thanks for the tips! The , and . as well! I still like my bedrooms squared out like that though.  ;D ;D ;D Maybe a wee bit OCD  ;D ;D

MarcTheMerc

I never thought of putting beacons in a freezer only people... and food.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs