Unlockable Research via items from Factions

Started by Beathrus, June 29, 2015, 10:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beathrus

Okay, so not so simple idea; Basically, raids come, you defeat the raiders and they leave behind a 'plan, research schematic' something like that. Then you 'deploy' this item somewhere, somewhere your researcher can 'study' it, and that unlocks a new thing of research, be it craft able item, better work stations, or just faction themed gear.

Shinzy

my pirates leave lyrical notes you can craft sea shanties with =P is that count?

Beathrus

Quote from: Shinzy on June 29, 2015, 12:24:49 PM
my pirates leave lyrical notes you can craft sea shanties with =P is that count?

That is close. xD Now make 'em leave things so we can eventually craft a 'pirate table' and make a bunch of pirate themed gear? Would be fun for coastal maps!

Shinzy

Quote from: Beathrus on June 29, 2015, 12:35:52 PM

That is close. xD Now make 'em leave things so we can eventually craft a 'pirate table' and make a bunch of pirate themed gear? Would be fun for coastal maps!

oh I've had a plan to have all my factions drop some patterns I could integrate with the apparello crafting thingie =P
but it's too hot in here.. and I'm too lazy (I haven't done anything productive for weeks *oops*)

Beathrus

Quote from: Shinzy on June 29, 2015, 01:04:38 PM
Quote from: Beathrus on June 29, 2015, 12:35:52 PM

oh I've had a plan to have all my factions drop some patterns I could integrate with the apparello crafting thingie =P
but it's too hot in here.. and I'm too lazy (I haven't done anything productive for weeks *oops*)

Well, as someone who lives in the Southern Half of the US. I understand the 'its to hot in here' part. Well, whenever or some such. I love your mods, so I can wait for 'em. xD

mrofa

It can be done and it already is in some mods (not the exact thing thrugh) :P
All i do is clutter all around.

Beathrus

Quote from: mrofa on June 29, 2015, 02:24:17 PM
It can be done and it already is in some mods (not the exact thing thrugh) :P

Ah. Basically if its just 'find this item, research it, learn to make it' or 'find a fragment of item, research it, after set amount learn to make it' etc. That would be nice. Even if like you have to 'consume' items to learn to make them. Say... Consume a set number of guns with higher quality giving more research points into learning to make it.

StorymasterQ

Yes, we need more Meld and Alien Alloys to make more Plasma Shotguns :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Shinzy

Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 29, 2015, 08:46:24 PM
Yes, we need more Meld and Alien Alloys to make more Plasma Shotguns :D
don't forget elerium!