[A16] Skullywags Power mods - PowerCell, MiniSolars, StuffedPower

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 12:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atomisk

I wanted to say that I love your mods. Modular and specifically what i needed. Not just these, but also the defensive mods are such a nice bonus, and the misc mods. I even replaced someone else's embrasures with yours and didn't even have to replace them ingame. They were already there, with your much nicer texture. Thanks so much for your hard work on these fantastic editions. I personally think your stuffed power mods need to be in vanilla. ;D

Fregrant

What do you mean?
Vanilla turrets already stuffed. Steel one has 100 hp and plasteel one is 280 hp.

Justas love

Quote from: Fregrant on May 29, 2016, 09:31:32 AM
What do you mean?
Vanilla turrets already stuffed. Steel one has 100 hp and plasteel one is 280 hp.
Vanilla turrets are not stuffed, only steel is available, so how about a mod that adds plasteel turrets

skullywag

recipe from the core defs:

<stuffCategories>
      <li>Metallic</li>
    </stuffCategories>
    <costStuffCount>75</costStuffCount>
    <costList>
      <Steel>100</Steel>
      <Components>3</Components>
    </costList>

they are stuffed.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Ashiver

Conduits no longer give a beauty bonus based off their stuff?  I tried placing some silver and plasteel conduits but the beauty reader says they are just as ugly as steel.

skullywag

to do this I woud have to give conduits a positive beauty from the get go, this seems slightly wrong. its a flaw in the games stuff system where it cant go positive if its base is negative, sorry.

Fregrant

There could be a way, if define these conduits as differents buildings, each for different materials. But this will bring ugly clutter in buildings menu.
Or maybe workaround with .dll and possible conflicts...
So: no way.

Ashiver

Ah well thanks anyway, I only asked because I remember it used to work.  Maybe it will work again in the future.  What's strange about what you are saying though is that stuffed batteries do get the beauty modifier I noticed.

skullywag

Quote from: Ashiver on July 14, 2016, 10:15:11 AM
Ah well thanks anyway, I only asked because I remember it used to work.  Maybe it will work again in the future.  What's strange about what you are saying though is that stuffed batteries do get the beauty modifier I noticed.

batteries arent truly stuffed, they are separate buildings so I had control over their individual beauty stats, Stuffing those is kind of impossible due to where the storage and efficiencies are stored (on the properties not the comp).

skullywag

darkrage000

skullywag

Small update cuz i typoed the power output for plasteel and uranium panels.

SpaceDorf

Hi skully,

I found a typo in your Mechanoid Battary Research :)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

carpediembr

Hey Skully, awesome job!

Found your mods looking for a power gen mod that was balanced into the game, and it is amazing!

Just one question: Do you think it's possible to make the power generators/cells with quality and that their quality also affect performance?