[A16] Skullywags Power mods - PowerCell, MiniSolars, StuffedPower

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 12:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facepunch

Any chance that this works or is in line for an A16 update?

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

pktongrimworld

Canute

Thanks for the update.

QuoteAdds a power cell dropped by the crash shipped part, can be used to build a power generation building that produces 2000 power at the cost of some heat.
What do you think that they don't generate heat, they absorb heat ?
Heat is a kind of energy too, the powercell absorb energy of the enviroment to produce power.

skullywag

What? Its a gaming mechanic. I didnt want a passive power generator without the player have to manage it someway. Heat was the obvious choice.

Canute

You can made the cooling effect so strong that he don't want the generator inside. Mechanoid's don't care about the temp but humans.
Ofcouse instead an entropy generator it can be hyper/dimension/subspace generator and draw the energy from outerdim and still generate heat.
I just though all the generators generate heat, would be interesting when one use heat to generate power :-)

skullywag

hmm the ship parts do actually produce that snow effect, that would kind of tie that up nicely.....hrmmmm

SOLD, expect an update.

HanFox

BatteriesStuffed doesn't seem to be registering the batteries correctly. They are accessible before researching batteries and once you build one and have power the game complains you have no batteries.

Research tree:
http://i.imgur.com/nMd1j5F.png

Architect/Power:
http://i.imgur.com/8J1SCGX.png

Tested with just Core, HugsLib and BatteriesStuffed :)

skullywag

Yep the second part is a known issue. Id have to detour the incidents as in core they mebtion the battery (steel battery) by name not by what implements comp battery as it should do. I just havent got around to it. The 1st issue is my bad and ill fix it.

Canute

Little feedback about the Powercell.
The Mechanoid core are to rare as these to be useful.
- Either increase the output from 2k to 10k
- or made the reactor much smaller 1x1 or 2x1 and moveable.
- or add cells to the salvage from mechanoids, Centipeds need energy too.

But doesn't matter the Powercells will never be your main powersource, maybe in a very late game.

skullywag

In a few years I can amass quite a few of them, ill be keeping the energy amounts the same. It suits how i play and this mod is used in my games, making it produce more would just mean power isnt an issue for me, which is no fun.

Qwynn

Will we be seeing these updated on the steam workshop in the near future? =3

Minnigin

thermal generators aren't getting increased power output from being made from better materials, always gives 3600w, ill try moving around my mod list to see if it helps