Adding Races, is it Possible?

Started by DizzyCrash, June 29, 2015, 01:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DizzyCrash

I have a idea, a idea that will make me want to learn the system and become a modder, but I have to know first... is it possible to add alien races? To be playable along side humans, my only idea at the moment with my minimal knowlage is to change all the hairs to look like strange alien faces but than having to deal with every time you put on a hat they turn into a human...
Is the modding tools flexible enough to add something like another race to the game, iv never seen any mods that allow that and so I am skeptical but I need suggestions other than hair to make it work.

DizzyCrash

Quote from: DizzyCrash on June 29, 2015, 01:14:08 PM
I have a idea, a idea that will make me want to learn the system and become a modder, but I have to know first... is it possible to add alien races? To be playable along side humans, my only idea at the moment with my minimal knowlage is to change all the hairs to look like strange alien faces but than having to deal with every time you put on a hat they turn into a human...
Is the modding tools flexible enough to add something like another race to the game, iv never seen any mods that allow that and so I am skeptical but I need suggestions other than hair to make it work.
This site is like the worse for answering questions, i dont think iv ever got a response...

Lonely Rogue

Well... You don't ask the right questions. Or wait long enough!
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

skullywag

if you want to add another "humanlike" pawn to the game, yes its possible. As the playable race? no, you would be restricted to changing the textures only really. I mean with the power to add your own dlls the game you could technically do almost anything given skill level.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

demacrex

Have a look at Shinzy's mods 'Norbals' & 'pirates' the norbals are a custom humanoid race and the pirates are a pirate (like cutlasses and muskets) faction, they are both awesome and I don't play without them :) or forum search in mod help for 'races' or 'custom races' had a look myself last week and it gave a few results with some people asking for help and people giving some answers
If Rimworld taught me anything, it's that 95% of your problems can be killed and eaten.

Senket

Quote from: DizzyCrash on June 30, 2015, 01:33:00 AM
This site is like the worse for answering questions, i dont think iv ever got a response...

well you only waited less than a day, also if you see that this is the worse site you can always try for yourself what you want, nobody is stopping you

SSS

Your question has been asked many times before. The community grows tired of repeated questions; plus, you didn't wait very long either.

James009

Let us be clear, he stated that this site was only "like" the worst for answering questions. This raises the question of which RimWorld site is:
A) the absolute worst answering questions
B) the best for answering questions

Also, for custom races, check out the Droid mod which adds completely new playable and controllable droids pretty much proving that, YES, you can make completely new races that function.

Given how, I have no idea.
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!