Question: How far will sappers go?

Started by Quasarrgames, June 29, 2015, 01:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quasarrgames

I wanna try making a mountain base that's buried so deep that sappers won't be able to penetrate it. I'm not sure how deep that is, though. Does anybody know how many blocks sappers will mine/blast through before they call it quits? :)
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

RickyMartini

The only limit they give themselves is time. If they take too long they will give up and attack.

But since they can actually stay for a long time, they're easily going to mine their way through 100 tiles. Not tested though, but I can easily see that happening. They mine fast.

mokonasakura

Furthest I've seem them go is 10 squares. Unfortunately whenever I play on a map that I decide to hide in a mountain, I don't get sappers.

OwlPaste

Map I played on, they spawned in the corner, blew up one of those rooms full of Mechanoids and died/run away. Merchs massacared all the inhabitants after :(

RickyMartini

Quote from: OwlPaste on June 29, 2015, 04:14:21 PM
Map I played on, they spawned in the corner, blew up one of those rooms full of Mechanoids and died/run away. Merchs massacared all the inhabitants after :(

Lol that's a good one.

Listy

Now you know why I Claim one wall of each of those rooms. So the enemies attack it and the two sides weaken each other.

Or at least that's the theory.

OwlPaste

Quote from: Listy on June 29, 2015, 04:50:33 PM

Now you know why I Claim one wall of each of those rooms. So the enemies attack it and the two sides weaken each other.

Or at least that's the theory.

Thing is, I didn't claim anything, the room was right next to the map edge at which they spawned, then the guy with explosives started throwing molotoves into the walls and randomly mining near it. Eventually one of the walls broke... took forever... I am sure its not humanly possible to carry so many molotoves with you without some cart for re-supply :o

Simulacrum

Haven't gotten many sappers. The two times they came around, both times they reached my walls and started throwing molotovs at it, only to set most of themselves on fire in the process, then eventually - after failing to break through my slate wall by throwing molotovs at it - gave up and walked away.

BetaSpectre

Had a sapper ignore my walls, mine through 4 blocks of metal ore. Then the Pirates walked in.
Sappers are pretty infrequent TBH, and only pirate raids have them.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO