[W|0.0.254B] Gameplay: Picked up gun; instantly fired at turret

Started by Aenir, December 10, 2013, 12:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aenir

After a raid, I had a colonist go and equip an R-4 charge rifle from one of the raider's bodies.  After he equipped it, he immediately fired at my turret.

My guess is that the raider died right as he was starting to fire, and so when my guy equipped the gun it had remembered that it was firing and what its target was.

DeltaV

Quote from: Aenir on December 10, 2013, 12:20:39 AM
After a raid, I had a colonist go and equip an R-4 charge rifle from one of the raider's bodies.  After he equipped it, he immediately fired at my turret.

My guess is that the raider died right as he was starting to fire, and so when my guy equipped the gun it had remembered that it was firing and what its target was.

I've had this issue as well, with colonists picking up weapons and then immediately firing them, usually damaging themselves. I always figured they had just accidentally shot themselves in the foot or something :P
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Tynan

Quote from: Aenir on December 10, 2013, 12:20:39 AM

This is actually a remarkable bug, but it makes sense. Guns aren't resetting their state on being dropped. Thank you for the great find!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

JKTD1919

Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

Semmy

Bug is registered on the tracker.

Thanks for reporting guys.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke