Colony Delta

Started by Zentrend, February 13, 2015, 10:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zentrend

This is based from a real play through. But if you play Rimworld you can easily find what is actually in the game or not. Also, I made this as much as the game as possible. So if you use your imagination enough nearly everything (Except for the back stories) is actually in the game. Some stories here are not from the game. But I like to think that I could play up the characters.
PS- I also did a video of the play through but it got corrupted.  :'(

Chapter 1 (Tail)� Colony Delta
My name is Tail from the Hug�s Stream. My colony sent me away to planet Landoa to die. In my crash pod it was so hot. And when the pod opened I found out I was in a cold region. It�s morning time and the air was fresh. I think it�s spring time. And the weather seems to be nice.
So I decided to walk down from my pod. I only have a few survival packed meals that my uncle left me. I have this uzi too. There is this big mountain in front of me. It covers all the way to my back and there are two entrances through the mountain. I see a wooden house inside the mountain. I saw on my tracker that there are living things on this planet. For example those Buffalos.
When I approached the building I heard footsteps. I asked if someone was inside. No reply. I then prepared myself. I knocked at the door and when I opened it I got punched in the jaw then in the neck And I got cut with a knife in my Right Shoulder and Left arm. Then I collapsed. I don�t remember what happened next. I woke up lying on the floor. And I closed my eyes and I felt like something is dragging me. When I opened my eyes again I was being taken care of. I saw medicine and other stuff. I fell asleep�
When I woke up the room was clean and fresh. And there is a simple meal in front of me. My wounds are bandaged. But why would they hurt me in the first place? If they are going to cure me. Its dark in this room. I don�t have tables too. While eating my leg suddenly felt pain. I shouted for help. I blacked out.
I hear voices. �Penn! His leg is infected!� A girl said. �Okay, Let me have a look.� An old man said. �Hmm� His leg is infected. But we are saving our medicine for later though.� The old man said. �But how will he get cured?� The girl said. �Waste our medicine in this girl? Or cut her leg of.� The old man said. �What�s happening? I heard screaming?� A manly voice I heard. �Oh his leg is infected. We can�t use our few medicine though. So were thinking of cutting his leg.� The old man said. �Oh. I guess its straight forward then?� The man said. �Okay! Just cut my leg off!� You said. �You are brave. But you do know that we do not have anything to lessen the pain.� The old man said. �It�s fine. I have a sharp mind. I can handle it.� You said. �Well, Penn and Patel! Get out of here. This is gonna get messy.� The man said.
For a few minutes He told me to sleep. Then once I heard the scissors I knew I can�t. For minutes I kept screaming in pain. But it didn�t take that long. And before I knew I got a new peg leg! �You should rest now. You should start walking in a day or two. Don�t worry we�ll feed you. Now go to sleep.� The man said.
That man saved my life. I wish I could thank him more but� He already left the room. I guess I have to sleep�
I woke up on my bed. The girl is standing there. �I am curious about you? Who are you? Your clothes look like from the Pirates. Well?� The girl said. �Well, My name is Tail from the Hug�s Stream.� You said. �Hug�s Stream? You do realize that our factions are enemies.� The girl said. �Yes I know. But I got casted away by our leader. They said I was weak and belonged in other factions. So they sent me to this planet to die alone.� You said. �Hmm. Okay we�ll talk again later. You should rest.� The girl said.
The food here are very plain. It�s just berries and berries but at least it�s boiled. Speaking of food. Where is my food? I�m so hungry. I knocked at the door and asked for some. But nobody replied. That man said he would feed me. But where is he? I hear cooking. Maybe I should be patient. I sat down on my bed.
It�s dark outside. You can barely see on your small window on the door. You see The old man on the door. Then he got punched in the face by that man who looks familiar. The girl woke up and shot the man. The man fell and fainted.
I fell asleep. And when I woke up there is this wall in my room. With a door. �Is he your friend? From your faction? You do realize that she is from your faction. �You were the one that got threw out!� The man said. �Yes, I think I saw you in the camp before I left.� You replied. �I also got thrown away. I followed your crash pod here. But as soon as I entered the house I got attacked by these people.� The man said. �Hmmm, You are not hurt are you?� You asked. �They already cured me. The name is Andy by the way.� He said. �My name is Tail.� You said. You see a girl walking in the room with some food. She took it to your Andy�s cell and closed the blinds. You could not see him. The girl started walking towards you.
�So? Tail, we aren�t actually bad people you know? We were just protecting ourselves.� The girl said.
�So you shot me?� You said.
�Well, that was a mistake. We healed your wounds though.� The girl said.
�Yeah, my leg is fit as ever.� You replied.
�Hmm, I guess that�s all we can talk about for today. My name is Patel. I want to be friends with you.� She said as she walks out of your room and closed the blinds.�
You sat down for hours, kept thinking of going away from this dump. But you seem kinda happy of Patel�s effort to become friends. That just maybe convince you to joining these people.

Chapter 1(Andy)- Camp Hug�s Stram
   My name is Andy, When I was a kid I always wanted to become an engineer. I created robots that destroyed my friends. I used them for fun and games. But one day I received a box. It�s from a professor. The box contained different kind of metals and scraps. But what made me curious is that it has a blueprint. A machine that could make me rich! But I never figured out what to do. This is all too complex. So I went to school. I studied there for a long time. Nobody knew my secret, I always hide it. One day while I was having fun with my robots. One became rouge and killed a muffalo. It caused all the muffalos nearby to go on an insane rampage. Unfortunately it killed my parents. And the town is destroyed. So I took my things and left.
I found this camp in my radar. The bandits saw me as I walk towards them. At that time I didn�t care at all. My parents are dead all my friends are dead. I just wished that they would kill me. But I have a mission, to get this ultimate machine up and running. The bandit leader gave me a job. I was the one to give electric charges to the turrets they set up. So I made wind turbines, solar generators but it was really not enough.
In my spare time I was building the machine. I knew what I was doing this tie and luckily the camp is filled with scraps and metals that they probably stole. For many years I was working on this project and then I was missing a piece. And when I looked for it I saw it on the bandit leader�s table. When I rushed to grab it I heard footsteps.
I came outside and panicked. I threw away the piece that I needed. And it hit Tail. When the guards saw me I ran away. The next morning I saw Tail getting pulled around in the camp. Then she took off in her pod.
I needed that piece and I am going to get it. I talked to the bandit leader about leaving the camp. And he gave me some supplies. So I went off and followed Tail in Landoa.
And here I am. In a cell next to her cell. I wonder if she still have that piece. By the way the piece that I need is a small Brain. It�s called the AI Persona Core. I need it for my machine.
Soon I will get it. But for now I need to rest.
-A few minutes later
Well that�s a good talk from her. I guess it�s not soon until I get that Brain. What? She�s closing my blinds? Maybe I will just sleep here. It�s not that bad. At least it�s got some furniture. Not much to the lighting though. I can only see because of my window. That isn�t really helpful. But at least it�s enough.
Chapter 2(Tail)- Convince
After of hours sitting here doing nothing. I hear footsteps in the corridor. Its Patel again.
�Hey! I got some food for you. Its fresh berries and potatoes.� Patel said.
�Thanks, I like berries.� You said.
�Here wear these.� Patel said.
�They�re cute. It�s made of Synthread.� You said.
�Ahh, Because it is made of Synthread. You should wear it. I will be going now.� Patel said.
�Hmm, I think she made this herself. This is nice.�
I hear voices emitting from the other cell. Sounds like they are also having a talk.
After a few hours of facing the wall Patel once again walks in.
�Hey girl, We just patched up the farm extension.� Patel said.
�What about it?� You said.
�Well, A big farm is just too big for my team. So I figured out that you might want to join us. You should.� Patel said.
�What? I thought I was prisoner.� You said.
�You dummy, you can get a new life here. Start a new, escape from your horrible past.� Patel said.
�Okay! If it means leaving this empty room!�
Patel opens the door for you. You run outside and feel the air. You were having some cabin fever back there too. �You can keep you cell and turn it to your room.� Patel said. �Thanks a lot Patel. I really appreciate this all� You said. �I think Squirrel needs help in the mining. Go help him out.� Patel said pointing at the mine.
The mine is dark and rocks are blocking your path. You climb over the rocks that are rapidly slowing you down. You see a man. �You are out already?� The man said. �Yes. You must be Squirrel?� You said. �Well no other. Grab this pickaxe. Used it on the rocks to mine.� Squirrel said. �Man this is heavy work. This is heavy work for a man.� You said. �Quit your talking and start picking. Picking up the rocks and take it to Penn. He is at the workshop.� Squirrel said. As you walk out.

Chapter 2(Andy)- Unconvincing
I hear footsteps in the corridor. I hear Tail�s door opened. I hear them talking a bit. Then I hear eating. After a while the door shut again.
Right after that happened this girl entered my cell. She had some food and some clothes.
�Here eat this.� The girl said.
�My name is Patel. What�s yours?� Patel asked.
�Andy, Andy is my name.� You replied.
�So Andy, Do you know Tail? I heard you two talking earlier.� Patel asked.
�Yeah, we were both from the same faction.� You answered.
�Prove that you know her.� Patel said.
�Well I don�t exactly know her I just met her.� You said.
�Well that isn�t really a proof isn�t it?� Patel said.
�Hey, You don�t know me.� You said.
�That�s true. But with that attitude you will have to stay here much more longer.� Patel said.
She walks out of the room.
You spend your days in your cell. Nothing really happens in here.

Chapter 3(Tail)- Destruction
While on a regular day helping out the crew. The usual passing the rocks. Crafting some stone, cooking the food, farming all that stuff. The clouds started to form. And in a few hours there is a huge thunderstorm. And it�s a dry one. The lighting started to cause fire on the farm.
We desperately try to put out the fire but it�s too much. Luckily we stocked up a bunch of food. We have to put this fire out quickly though. The fire is leading up to Andy�s cell.
You gave up trying to put out the fire. And had a crazy idea. You told Patel to do a rain dance. In desperation you did the rain dance with Patel. And somehow it did start to rain. But not just rain lightning too. The lightning hit the solar generator and short circuited the wires. And destroyed the batteries.
We are incomplete darkness. No power. The four of you evacuated to your room. It�s the safest spot because it is underneath the mountain.
For a few hours the rain started to clear up. You put away the debris on the front door. And see the outside just wrecked. Dead squirrels, cut trees and some scraps from the solar generators.

Chapter 3(Andy)- Construction
There is a huge storm outside. My room is quite safe but it�s darn hot in here. I think I hear a fire outside. I am worried of what�s happening out there. I hear explosions. The lights in your room faded. And now you are in darkness. With a storm outside. You spent some hours just walking around your room. Thinking of what to do.
A few hours later. The storm cleared up. The door on your cell opened. And when you came out you see the crew. And Tail is standing outside the front door.
You took some scraps of metals and turned it to a battery. You took some wires and made some cables.
The others rebuild the walls and planted crops. While they left you do the machines and other electronic stuff.
You managed to rebuild the solar generators. But not the wind turbines. Unfortunately there are too many debris for the fans to spin. So you replaced them with Solar Generators which actually give you more power.

Lonely Rogue

I'm sorry, but I can't stand your grammar and simple sentence after simple sentence.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Axelios

Interesting story.  Is English not your first language? I could see that writing is something you can still learn about - the short sentences showed me that.
I liked what you wrote. You have a good imagination. :) It was nice to read.
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

Shinzy

Zentreeeend! try to alter the length of your sentences theeere! short sentence after short sentence after short sentence starts to sound really, really monotone in the readers head (it becomes very very quickly really tiresome to read! despite of however good the content actually is)

it'll become so much nicer to read when the text sort of "flows" and doesn't just stop. stop. stop. like a car in a traffic jam ;D *poke*

Lonely Rogue

That's basically what I was trying to say. I just came out a little nasty, sorry.  :-[
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?