[A12d] Community Core Library (v0.12.3b)

Started by 1000101, June 29, 2015, 04:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leucetius

Very nice! Thank you - I already have some use for it. Everything practicable has lowPower Module and I'm building something fancy ;)

edit: aaaand I hit a wall which I can't circumvent without additions and modifications. Time to register with github :/

edit2: and bug report. As can be seen on the attached screenshot...
- powerUsage = -0.01
- glowOn = True
- curUser = null

Owens is smelting sand to glas for free right now...
Most likely connected: glowOn stays true even after the 500 ticks (always)

edit3: (I should go to bed) found it. You added a default tickerType Normal to every production building. Which a) makes sense (how would the prod-table know that there is someone working at it, if it weren't ticking) but b) may lead to unneccessary lag in late game because of all the ticking. Changed that at my end - only the powered tables ticking now. But that's a xml thing and can be done to everybodys liking by themselves.

Although it uses a normal ticker, they don't do their checks every tick and I've tried to short-circuit everything I could to run less code.

The checks are only done on very few ticks.  Doors check every 30 ticks while in low power mode and not again until they have time to fully open and close (which is anywhere between 30-400 ticks depending on the stuff used for the door), work tables go 500 ticks between any checks when in full power mode, etc.

I've tried to keep things like that down so it doesn't lag.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

mrofa

How to use this place workers in xml or if the even got the xml hooks?
All i do is clutter all around.

Download the source package and look into "Modders Resource."

It contains examples of things not covered in the core changes.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

mrofa

I figure it out, there was no example for place workers.
But i got kinda a problem thrugh im not sure if its a bug or intended, WallAttachment is this intended to build only next to walls and not on walls ?

kaptain_kavern

For building on wall i think it's like that :
<canPlaceOverWall>true</canPlaceOverWall>

@mrofa, PlaceWorker Examples

Yeah WallAttachment is for things which attach to the side of a wall.  For things which go into walls, I have a new place worker for the next release which can handle that by specifying what ThingDefs it can (or can not) be placed on.

@kaptain_kavern,

As long as your building isn't an edifice (isEdifice is false), you can build it on a wall (or any other building). canPlaceOverWall is for replacing the wall with your new ThingDef such as doors.

Powered By

mrofa

Quote from: 1000101 on July 05, 2015, 02:27:35 PM
@mrofa, PlaceWorker Examples

Yeah WallAttachment is for things which attach to the side of a wall.  For things which go into walls, I have a new place worker for the next release which can handle that by specifying what ThingDefs it can (or can not) be placed on.

@kaptain_kavern,

As long as your building isn't an edifice (isEdifice is false), you can build it on a wall (or any other building).

Thanks mate, im just actually writing one for walls,but when ccl is up gona switch to yours since it will most likley look more sane then my current :D

Edit: also when i use place worker it seems that the interaction cells dont get thier checks so you might consider that :P

Quote from: mrofaEdit: also when i use place worker it seems that the interaction cells dont get thier checks so you might consider that :P

feature?   :o

I'll see if I notice anything strange with interaction cells though.