[A12d] Community Core Library (v0.12.3b)

Started by 1000101, June 29, 2015, 04:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Could you send me your output_log.txt file as well? (RimWorldNNNWin_Data/output_log.txt)

The xml all looks good and it works for me.

Question, do you have god mode enabled?  If so, then everything will show up of course.  Also, AdvancedResearch isn't processed immediately, it's done every 250 ticks (one rare tick) so at a rate of 60 ticks/sec, a rare tick happens every ~4.17 seconds.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

jacob814

I would understand if I was on god mod or not. Question does the colored celing lights show up for you or not without research? They shouldnt without colored lights/glass researched.

Output log in attachment

[attachment deleted due to age]
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

When I started [a new colony] I only had the "outdoor ground lamp" available.  After researching "glassworks research" I could make the "ceiling lamp", after researching "colored lights", I got the all the "ceiling lamp (color)" lights as expected.

So, for me everything worked as you intended it to.

As to the log, not sure why the message is missing.  Shortly after loading/starting a game (should be first tick), you should see the following message:

"Community Core Library :: Advanced Research :: Initialized"

If you don't get that message, you should get some sort of error message using a similar format ("Community Core Library :: Advanced Research :: error specifics").

Failing all that, I am at a bit of a loss to explain it.  I mean, something should have been logged and not just a silent fail.

On a side note, you are not ticking your restricted placement comp.  It needs a normal/rare ticker or removing the restriction (roof/wall/etc) won't be caught.  In your case you can get away with using a rare tick since nothing needs ticking otherwise.

Edit:

Have you tried a new world + new colony?  At the moment, CCL does not inject the MapComponent into existing saves.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

jacob814

Hm.... I didnt think of that, even though I should of... It works

I know I am not ticking my restricted placement comp and the reason for this is because I just havent figure out how to. I dont think I could find an example in the example code. I may be wrong. If it is in the example code could you point me to it, im not having any luck finding it.

Thanks for the previous help. I dont know why I didnt try a new world...
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

There are placeworker restriction examples, the ones that need it all use <tickerType>Rare</tickerType>.