[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorVanGogh

Quote from: maculator on September 29, 2017, 05:41:49 AM
[... Giant tapestry removed...]
In the trade window the storage stuff has no name and the description is off.

In the version ff1decd fixed.

Maybe next time, please use more words and less pixels if possible ;)
Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

maculator

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on October 03, 2017, 01:16:56 PM
Maybe next time, please use more words and less pixels if possible ;)

The picture showed whats wrong. I don't see your problem.
/case

fatm3l

Please fix additional lights mod. Guys is there any other mod for adding lights like ceiling and wall lights

CannibarRechter

You want Wall Lights? I updated Skully's Wall Lights (only the wall lights) for myself. You'll see a copy in the downloads link in my sig. Note that this is entirely his work. I did virtually nothing to make the lights work right.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Modo44

Better vents shows a missing texture for a closed vent. When you close a vent, it simply disappears, and the game keeps throwing exceptions.

Kori

Quote from: Modo44 on November 01, 2017, 06:23:33 AM
Better vents shows a missing texture for a closed vent. When you close a vent, it simply disappears, and the game keeps throwing exceptions.

I noticed the same, it says the VentB_Off texture is missing.  :-\
Any ideas how this can be fixed?

Kori

Also is there a reason why Vents and Coolers use <altitudeLayer>PawnUnused</altitudeLayer> instead of <altitudeLayer>Building</altitudeLayer>?
Because of that, furniture objects and pawns appear behind them.

CannibarRechter

> Also is there a reason why Vents and Coolers use <altitudeLayer>PawnUnused</altitudeLayer> instead of <altitudeLayer>Building</altitudeLayer>?

Walls are also Building. If you don't move them a layer up, it would become unpredictable as to whether the vent or cooler is over or under the wall. Edit: reading AltitudeLayer.cs, though, I  question why PawnUnused is the altitude chosen. The next one up is BuildingOnTop.

Kori

Quote from: CannibarRechter on November 09, 2017, 08:54:23 AM
> Also is there a reason why Vents and Coolers use <altitudeLayer>PawnUnused</altitudeLayer> instead of <altitudeLayer>Building</altitudeLayer>?

Walls are also Building. If you don't move them a layer up, it would become unpredictable as to whether the vent or cooler is over or under the wall. Edit: reading AltitudeLayer.cs, though, I  question why PawnUnused is the altitude chosen. The next one up is BuildingOnTop.

Thanks for explaining! I've changed it to the Building layer some days ago and so far all my vents were positioned properly. Maybe because you always have to build the wall first.
Still I will try BuildingOnTop next.

CannibarRechter

> Thanks for explaining! I've changed it to the Building layer some days ago and so far all my vents were positioned properly. Maybe because you always have to build the wall first.

That could indeed be a factor. I don't know the draw order at all for things that are all at the same layer. It could be draw oldest first, or something else. It's curious that it's working all the time. It should be fairly safe to use BuildingOnTop, though. The only other things in the Core that uses that AltitudeLayer are TransportPods.

lperkins2

Any word on a dermal regenerator update?  Back a page or two it sounded like the update was done, but I can't find the download and the picture on the first page isn't a hyperlink.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

sadpickle

I noticed that the Steam Workshop version of additional fabrics is A14. Are there any plans to update the mods on the workshop now that the game is in beta? And if not, is it possible to install the mod to the Steam version of the game manually?

kaptain_kavern