[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ouan

Time to put this dermal regeneration to the test! Thanks for this!
Damn Pirates!

harpo99999

skullywag, I also have NOT been able to get the 'dermal regenerator' to do anything more than  consume electricity, and I tried the bills menu (empty), and the select a colonist with scar and then right click on powered 'dermal regererator', no repsonse.
can you PLEASE instruct on HOW to use said dermal regenerator

skullywag

hmm let me check which version got uploaded, could be i derped.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

TP108

Would there be a way to modify the Skip and Wooden Pallet to allow for more than the default amount? I noticed in the xml there was a maxStorage parameter on some of the other storage options, but not on the skip or pallet.

Vas

There isn't much info on this page about the mods.  The only one I may use is the roof bomb because of roof glitches in the game, that would clearly be solved if Tynan implemented this.

As for the scar fixing machine, you do know that we have the technology, now, today, to fix most scars and make them go away?  I don't even know why the game causes you to always be in pain from a scar.  [spoiler]I've had a guinnie pig bite through my thumb all the way to the nail, permanent scar.  I've had a cat bite my hand, 5 permanent scars.  I've stepped on a nail twice, both feet, one nail went all the way to the bone.  The star is gone on one, and almost gone on the other.  I've fallen and landed on a nail in my hand, the scar is still there but fades a little more every few years.  I was stabbed in the leg in a dream, woke up with a permanent scar in my leg in that exact spot.  Kinda strange that dreams can cause scars, but anyway...  I broke my chin once when I was younger, permanent largerish scar there.  And my biggest scar, I cut my head wide open on the back, when I was two years old, throwing a tantrum and jumped off my mother's bed and hit the back of my head on the corner of the snake's cage, shattering the cage wide open and spilling out large chunks of blood, requiring quite a few stitches.  It's a pretty large scar too.[/spoiler]

So, I have what, between 8-10 scars?  And none of them hurt or hinder me.  I've seen bite marks in the game become permanent scars and cause permanent pain and lower the mood permanently for my colonists also hindering the slightly.

We have technology and medical treatments for scars too that enable you to make them go away with time, small scars like bite marks are super easy to get rid of.  So a machine like this would only benefit healing large scars or deep scars (bullet holes) quickly where as you should just make a medical thing to get rid of smaller scars.  If it's possible for you to make it determine what a smaller scar is compared to a larger one.  Perhaps if you can filter it so animal bites qualify as small while battle wounds are large.  Just throwing out some ideas and info.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

skullywag

Nope. The game doesnt have different levels of injury. A scar is a scar is a scar. Nothing i can do bar overhaul the whole system....

harpo99999

Quote from: skullywag on July 10, 2015, 03:24:14 AM
Nope. The game doesnt have different levels of injury. A scar is a scar is a scar. Nothing i can do bar overhaul the whole system....
BUT your so-called 'dermal regenerator'  DOES NOT WORK and there are NO instructions on HOW to get it to work, have you checked that you released the CORRECT mod????
or did you WAG the day that testing of projects was covered in school????
or was your skull wagging from your body???

Vas

Quote from: skullywag on July 10, 2015, 03:24:14 AM

Hmm.  Maybe it's possible for you to make it detect what kind of scar it is based on the definition of the scar?  I haven't seen how the system describes a scar though.  I know if you hover over a scar, it tells you what it came from.  "Old gunshot wound" "Animal bite" etc.  Or maybe I'm remembering wrong.  I'll be back after I generate a few colonists with scars and make some new ones and see.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

TimTumm

Quote from: harpo99999 on July 08, 2015, 05:37:53 AM
skullywag, I also have NOT been able to get the 'dermal regenerator' to do anything more than  consume electricity, and I tried the bills menu (empty), and the select a colonist with scar and then right click on powered 'dermal regererator', no repsonse.
can you PLEASE instruct on HOW to use said dermal regenerator

Same thing.  I get a blank bills menu, and no scar removal.  It just sits there mocking me.

skullywag

Guys i know its broke. Time is not something i have a lot of at the moment, ill get to it soon. The different injurys are just text labels im already looking for the word "scar" already (which is pretty hacky).

Vas

Maybe we can get Tynan to add a class of injury, so animal bites and small stuff doesn't hurt.  And injury age too.

skullywag

The check for the scars is currently looking for "isOld" and label contains "scar". I can (and will) do others, but as stated its pretty hacky. If modders stick to the core naming conventions for injurys it should work for them. Ill have a look now as have 10 mins spare and see if i cant fix it.

skullywag

ok redownload it, should be working now, weirdly it was working fine locally on my A11b, recompiled it again and it did detect changes so please retry, Tynan did say the api hadnt changed but the bpi had (code talk) so that could explain why this didnt just work on A11b, but not why mine worked??? ah well.

Vas

I'm going to assume that this doesn't work in 11a anymore because it's been updated to 11b, so I can't test it.  :P

skullywag