[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viperwasp

Extended storage is simply a set of objects that hold a lot more of a given item on one tile/square then the game normally allows you to? And based on recent replies here I'm not sure if it's working or not. I played with it for 10 mins with plenty of mods and saved and loaded games with no issues. However 10 mins means nothing so I will test it further. 

But for example instead of 75 wood in one tile with this mod you can store like 600 wood in one tile. It's a great mod.

Question: I understand this needs CCL. But besides that Skullywag were would you suggest someone try to place your mod? Near the top or bottom or just it overall just depend on other mods that are used? Thanks
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

viperwasp

A couple issues...
First the most recent version of CCL v0.14.1 does not seem to like your extended storage mod Skullywags.  Getting tons of errors with only CCL, Vanilla Tweaks and Extended Storage. When I load into Rimworld Game Its frozen and the save bar in the middle of the screen won't even close. See screenshot for my error list.  I don't think yours is the only mod that's giving me errors but as I mentioned my most recent test for the screenshot I posted is only using CCL+Extended Storage.

Screenshot #1 is for this error mentioned above.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

viperwasp

(see my previous post) I had to make two posts as the screenshots were to large.

Second on the previous release of CCL 0.14.0 I think?  I have a game with MANY mods going. In this game everything works fine except every once in a while when my pawns stack items onto the extended storage units I get this error. See screenshot #2. I can't tell if it actually loses items or not or why it happens. It does not happen often. But I can reproduce it to happen often enough. I think I sometimes get the error the very first time a pawn places something on a storage unit.

I am using your version posted 22 hours ago for extended storage 1.8 for both of these issues. This second issue noted in this post may not be that big of a deal.

•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

Pepy12

Quote from: skullywag on July 30, 2016, 03:52:59 PM
Quote from: Pepy12 on July 30, 2016, 12:52:30 PM
Quote from: Pepy12 on July 30, 2016, 04:35:03 AM
Quote from: Oragepoilu on July 30, 2016, 04:27:31 AM
It's a normal error; not a problem by itself during the gameplay, AFAIK. just ignore it.

Thank you!

Hello again!

Theres 2 options. Option 1 is i am an idiot or option 2 is theres something wrong with my game.

I have the problem (and during the game) that this error pops up: (error.jpg)
and everytime i save and load this cuts my ressources into half :/. I tryed very less Mods and i tryed a different load (ccl is everytime under Core) order and a new download. Nothing helps... I love this mod and want to use it like before the update, can someone help me here? :(  Thanks!!

Edit1: Tryed with a new save, still the same :/

When did you last update, the mod has only today received an update to make it work, the A14 update made this mod break in rather spectacular way, im still piecing it back together.

Hello!,

thanks for the information!
tryed pretty the same as viperwasp - and it seems that his error log looks quite the same as mine error log. :/.

wish you much luck with the repairing of this great mod:)

viperwasp

I should mention that with my errors they DO NOT happen on save/load. I can load my game and come back in with no errors and I still have large stacks. But it may depend on your version of extended storage and CCL. Or who knows what? lol
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

sefin_88

I dont know if this is working as intended but the Extended storage *half works*.  When I say that I mean 50 food items stack on one side of the tray but not on the other.  The same goes for the pallets, food basket, skiff and fabric hamper (havent tested the others yet.)  While its still a vast improvement over vanilla storage rooms.  Im not sure if its the way its designed to be.  Here is a picture of the food and basket storage.

Youhaveavirus

Quote from: sefin_88 on July 31, 2016, 08:44:53 AM
I dont know if this is working as intended but the Extended storage *half works*.  When I say that I mean 50 food items stack on one side of the tray but not on the other.  The same goes for the pallets, food basket, skiff and fabric hamper (havent tested the others yet.)  While its still a vast improvement over vanilla storage rooms.  Im not sure if its the way its designed to be.  Here is a picture of the food and basket storage.

Quick fix: Only allow one item per wooden food basket.

sefin_88

It will still only fill up one side and use vanilla stacking for the other half.  Like the 50/10 fine meals and the 600/75 cotton in the above picture

qurffe

It is designed that 1 structure for 1 type of resource, so you need to set what resource you want in there, and it works by moving the resource from one tile to the other, until it hits the limit so you will always have a lot on 1 side and normal stack of resource on the other. (something like 900 steel/75 steel on skip for example) That is how it was made to work.

sefin_88

Quote from: qurffe on July 31, 2016, 08:58:31 AM

It is designed that 1 structure for 1 type of resource, so you need to set what resource you want in there, and it works by moving the resource from one tile to the other, until it hits the limit so you will always have a lot on 1 side and normal stack of resource on the other. (something like 900 steel/75 steel on skip for example) That is how it was made to work.

Cool cool,  wasnt sure if thats how it was designed or not.  Thanks for the heads up.

YuriRuler90

Quote from: skullywag on July 30, 2016, 12:45:36 PM
Getting reports on steam about pawns stuck looping and not hauling to these, but i suspect a badly setup game (i.e they dont have ccl loaded right) please report if you see any issues with haul job or anything not stacking, thanks.

I had some trouble with this on the A14 updated version. Checked my modlist and then decided to load Extended Storage AFTER CCL Vanilla Tweaks. When Tweaks was last colonists would twitch about and constantly cancel trying to move food. After reloading and moving Extended Storage last they properly haul food again.

Gfurst

Quote from: qurffe on July 31, 2016, 08:58:31 AM
Ahh alright, I was kinda unsure about that too, wondering if it was a bug or something, I even thought maybe they were supposed to hold two type of items on one tile?
Can someone clarify for me what the different types of storage are for? Like for example the skip and wooden pallets, supposed to hold materials, whats the difference? And also why use the locker instead of the equipment rack?

Uninu

Extended Storage
If you place the container on/over a stockpile zone, you get the "overwriting slot group square" + "clearing group grid square" error. And I get the "started 10 jobs in 10 ticks" error too, I'm still trying to find the reason.

Gfurst

Also gonna throw out there, I think Ext Storage for isn't throwing errors like the others, CCL 14.1 and latest, however I just noticed this on the log
JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Lilith, Job=DoBill A=Thing_ElectricTailoringBench448341 B=Thing_Apparel_TribalA302009 C=(143, 0, 115), Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ReclaimFabric._Thing+<_SmeltProducts>d__0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenRecipe+<MakeRecipeProducts>c__Iterator1D7.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Thing].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Thing]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Thing] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Toils_Recipe+<FinishRecipeAndStartStoringProduct>c__AnonStorey349.<>m__4F8 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

And it might be the cause no fabric is being recovered at all, I wondering about that. Anyone else got that?

Uninu

One more bug. The frozen baskets and the freezer do not stop the egg progress. And if you put the eggs inside the storage, the egg progress resets.

Skullywag, could you please add chocolate to wood pallets.