[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyMartini

Skully just don't leave these mods please :) Take your time off as much as you like

joaonunes

Quote from: Skissor on December 16, 2016, 11:30:25 AM
Skully just don't leave these mods please :) Take your time off as much as you like

I think he's just waiting for the new CCL version to update his mods, don't worry :D

And if Skully ever stops modding I'm sure someone will take over his work and keep the mods alive :)
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

skullywag

Im still here, still modding. Everything will be updated in time.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Bludragon

just wondering:
Will the non CCL ones work if I changed the target?

«Temple»

So, no more Forum mod updates?  Full switch to Steam Workshop?  Please correct me if im wrong im just curious.

Dingo

Nothing to do with Steam. Skully is quite upset about the current state of the research panel and said he's not releasing updates until a suitable fix is found or officially released.

skullywag

its not a case of being upset, the amount of work the new research setup causes is beyond what i want to do and can do right now, my time is limited, having people moaning because my mods and others are being plonked into a system that is knowingly not compatible with modding as Tynan is using this alpha to gather feedback on this new functionality is not something i want to do, ill wait till a modder finds a solution or Tynan releases an update to the research system. Until then im still modding when i can and stuff will be updated.

Also I will never go full steam, i dont actualy like steam all that much from a community standpoint, full of annoying twatwads, theres some smart clever people there dont get me wrong but they are the vocal minority, at least here i can ban the idiots.

«Temple»

And as for your better coolers, for better temperature control people double layer was so maybe have a 2 layer cooler? Exhaust:Wall:Wall:Cooler

Beathrus

Quote from: skullywag on December 24, 2016, 02:56:22 AM
its not a case of being upset, the amount of work the new research setup causes is beyond what i want to do and can do right now, my time is limited, having people moaning because my mods and others are being plonked into a system that is knowingly not compatible with modding as Tynan is using this alpha to gather feedback on this new functionality is not something i want to do, ill wait till a modder finds a solution or Tynan releases an update to the research system. Until then im still modding when i can and stuff will be updated.

Also I will never go full steam, i dont actualy like steam all that much from a community standpoint, full of annoying twatwads, theres some smart clever people there dont get me wrong but they are the vocal minority, at least here i can ban the idiots.

Skully do you mean a problem like this?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

skullywag

yes exactly this, Tynan has explained that the current solution was released knowingly broken for modders, this was due to their being no solution to the problem known and he wanted to hit his christmas release deadline, he wants feedback on this so we an come up with a solution to the problem, see here for more details.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28467.0

gorre9090

skullywag

That is a simple reversion mod, it does not remove the issue, the only solution is one in core. I cannot guarantee everyone will use this.  All my mods are A16, im just not releasing as I do not want the maintenance and support of the new research system to factor, I dont have time for it. Once there is a working core for research then ill release.

Beathrus

Quote from: skullywag on December 29, 2016, 04:03:36 AM
That is a simple reversion mod, it does not remove the issue, the only solution is one in core. I cannot guarantee everyone will use this.  All my mods are A16, im just not releasing as I do not want the maintenance and support of the new research system to factor, I dont have time for it. Once there is a working core for research then ill release.

I understand your point of view. If you released them people would come onto here saying 'The research gets cut off, plz fix!' and such, wouldn't they? Either way, I would accept any release you put out, I use the reversion mod for that exact reason.

Well, just know most of us will remain faithful and waiting for your mods; They are worth it.

Alenerel

The coolers/vents and the light mod really doesnt need any research... If anything, the cooler would need just refrigeration.