[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Yeah ive seen vendans stuff but it has the same issue most container mods have in that the AI knows nothing about the contents.

Ive looked into containers and detouring all the AI code to make the pawns aware of all items inside but its a TONNE of work. Its on my list so maybe one day when we arent in alpha il get to it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Madman666

Ah, ok, I know how much time scripting something complicated can take. Vendan's stuff is actually great, if only you could just designate stuff to pack in easier would be perfect. Still it will help, until someone figures it out) Maybe even Tynan finally adds such a simple thing as wardrobes, who knows?)

DDC1234

Jstank

I have a thread kicking in the suggestions forum about the idea for a Cryo Healing Casket/ "stasis regenerative chamber"... some of us think it would be a pretty cool thing.

Here is what we came up with. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29531.msg298757#msg298757 Do you think it would be possible to create this?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

JM401

Hi. I recently found this mod and I love it. I was wondering the same thing as 123nick.

Quote from: 123nick on January 12, 2017, 09:12:25 PM
is it possible to change the extended storage? so that , the second stack- the one where, after your colonist places down the item on one half of the storage ,it gets moved too the other half into a very large pile ? is it possible to change that very large pile, so its maximum is 1000 things? so where u would only usually be able to store 75 wood, you can store 1075, including the other half the storage takes up, considering the 2 cells.

I think what he meant was the way stacks split. I opened the xml and looked over it and found this:  <maxStorage>600</maxStorage> The 600 is only on one cell and not 300/300. Is this behavior due to a limitation of the game? or is it something else.

P.S.
Not complaining! Just wondering is all.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

skullywag

Quote from: Jstank on January 15, 2017, 07:33:18 PM
I have a thread kicking in the suggestions forum about the idea for a Cryo Healing Casket/ "stasis regenerative chamber"... some of us think it would be a pretty cool thing.

Here is what we came up with. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29531.msg298757#msg298757 Do you think it would be possible to create this?

I technically already did a few alphas ago. I had a heal casket for self healing (you could order a pawn to use it, he would laod it with medicine and hop in), it was way too OP though and I decided to split it up into multiple machines, Dermal Regen was the 1st the rest are still wip. When i find time all this will get done.

skullywag

The way storage works in my mod is 1 cells stack gets moved to the other, there is no way I can balance that currently, the maxstorage does apply to the 1 cell to change this would be too much work, I would need to make the AI aware they can stack ontop of an occupied cell but only on my buildings, thats a lot of detouring im not willing to do.

JM401

I figured it was some kind of limitation of sorts. I've used some of your other mods in the past and I have all your threads bookmarked. I know you don't do things halfway just by looking at the number of mods you've made and how well they work. Thanks for the information!

Madman666

Yup, Skully is awesome. For Extended Storage alone he needs a medal. And a full-sized statue next to liberty lady)

skullywag

Please be aware this code is very much based on the ol MD2 mods code, its been tweaked and the detour added for Tynans stack size limiting he added, but still Mipen needs to be thanked as well.

Nebbeh

EldVarg

Would be cool to have a storage mod that worked better with MarsX (since it has no hides and little cloth and wood).

Canute

Quote from: skullywag on January 17, 2017, 11:19:47 AM
Please be aware this code is very much based on the ol MD2 mods code, its been tweaked and the detour added for Tynans stack size limiting he added, but still Mipen needs to be thanked as well.
How dynamic is the code, could it dynamical expand the stockstack during the game with research ?
At first i would like to see a reserach "Expanded stockpile's" to activate the furnitures ingame.
Then 2 further researches to expand the stocksize. When it is possible the beginning furnitures should have less then the current ones.
The 2. research expand the stacksize to the current ones, and the 3. research double it.

skullywag